Any Spitfire "Orig!nals" Templates?

Hello,

I’m looking into the Spitfire “Orig!nals” series. I want to start Film Scoring and I believe that this would be a good, inexpensive place to start when it comes to soundfonts.

Would there happen to be any playback templates or percussion maps for this series?

Thanks in Advance,

Ian Hook

@Ian_Hook05 hello,
I did a template for Spitfire Originals - Cimbalom, but it doesn’t work correctly due to problems in the Spitfire Player. I did report this problem to @dspreadbury and the tech support at Spitfire Audio almost half an year ago, but still it’s not fixed…
I suppose all instruments in the “Originals” series will have the same problem, but I could be wrong?!
Actually the guy at Spitfire Audio told me ask the Dorico team and the guys at VSL, because I’m using VE Pro as host, for help. Obviously he didn’t want to do his job.

I’m still waiting for the fix…

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

P.S: I was able to create a properly working template for the Cimbalom, if you need it:

Hello, thanks for this! Initially thought about investing in all of the “Orig!nals” libraries but now I’m interested in specifically just Drumline. If Cimbalom doesn’t work, I highly doubt Drumline will… I hope the fix comes at some point, I’ve had to use Musescore for Drumline stuff :sweat_smile:

@Ian_Hook05 hello,
Well, there is some routing issue, but I’m not where exactly it is?! It could be the Spitfire Player, or VE Pro 7, but I was able to find a workaround. Now the template I made for the “Originals” - Cimbalom works as expected.
In the Spitfire Player for Originals, you have only to change the MIDI Channel from “Any” to “1, or 2, or 3…” (depending on your settings).
Surely you’ll need Vienna Ensemble Pro in order to be able to create Expression Maps because the Spitfire Player is Single Patch sampler, and the one for “Originals” does not contain any KeySwitches or ProgramChanges that allow articulation change.

Best wishes,

1 Like

Would you have any knowledge of the possibility of running Orig!nals Drumline with Abbey Road One Orchestra?

@Ian_Hook05 hello,
Well, of course you can use both libraries in combination. Just you will need to use VE Pro as a host for the Originals Drumline, otherwise you can’t create Percussion Maps for this library. I don’t own Drumline, so I can’t tell you more about how the Percussion Maps must be organized.
The Abbey Road One library could be hosted on your preferences in Dorico, or VE Pro.

I hope this is somehow helpful for you! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

The Spitfire “Originals” has “live” setting. Just use the “Live” setting and select “default” in the Endpoint Configuration.
Pizzicato will need to be handled on a separate staff, but everything else should work well.

1 Like