Apple M1 + OS X Big Sur + Cubase 10.5/11 Pro

Not too many threads with good replies, so I thought I would ask.

Is anyone running the new M1 chip and new OS X Big Sur with the newest Cubase 10.5/11 Pro?

I am, and so far so good. I think the VST compatibility is the biggest issue thus far, but I think that is more of a developer thing?

The app doesn’t crash in Big Sur at all, and only issues were third party installs - once again proving Steinberg Coding is a touch above the rest

My thing is, does anyone have workaround for VST install issues? For instance XLN addictive drums should work but doesn’t seem to fully, I can’t get Air Strike to work or install, and Superior Drummer 3 has also been an issue.

on the other hand, Rayzoon Jamstix 4 (the best virtual drums/drummer) works great and so does Steven Slate SSD4 …

anyone else using the M1 and cubase 10.5/11 pro? please report your results and issues…

thanks

Hi,

As far as I have seen, there are 2 groups of users at this moment. For 1 group, Cubase is working quite well (the built-in instruments are not compatible with macOS 11 even on Intel Macs so far). For the 2nd group, Cubase is not working at all, the issue is, they cannot see anything on the screen. All windows are just black.

My guess is, it depends, on the graphic card, you use.

There are 2 threads on this already. Short answer is that 10.5 works and 11.0 doesn’t.

Hi,

Could you link them here, please?

Are you sure? I don’t think it’s so easy, as I described my experienced above… Don’t you mix it up with Cubase 11 on Intel processors and macOS 11. In this case, there are some graphic artefacts in Cubase 11 while using Virtual Instruments, but these are not present in Cubase 10.5. Is this, what you are talking about?

1 Like

Hi,

One of the threads is here. You can also search for it, for example this way.

1 Like

Good enough
It seems I habhave to wait
I apwnt two hours On air support and they apologized for lack o professionalism /support.

Good guys

It’s en route