Arrival Date

I bought the upgrade as soon as it was announced. I’ve had a confirmation email saying I have bought it and a message saying the carrier will let me know when it’s sent out. But nothing else. Have I been put to the back of the queue for paying for it immediately? Confused!

I’m a bit confused too. I’ve bought the UK upgrade from 4/5 and on the right under the price it says ‘FREE SHIPPING’ with three red bars and six grey bars followed by a question mark :question: which, when hovered over, says “This product is currently not available. Stock will be replenished soon. Pre-order now.”

So have I bought it or just pre-ordered it?

You are right, the ? says currently out of stock!! Wonder is that true or is it a simple mistake on the website?

If they did ship on Monday then people should start receiving it tomorrow and Thursday. Guess we’ll know then…

I just got a legal looking disclaimer customer agreement/your rights kind of email?

Nothing else?

Anyone else get this?

(if you look on the website now, only Cubase Artist is available)

I believe (if I remember correctly) I received a marketing email from Steinberg saying that it would ship in late January (US based)

Dan

At least one user seems to have it already: Key Visual Differences between 5 and 6 *Video* - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Luck, Arjan

My Cubase 6 was shipped from Steinberg to Denmark today, 18. January.

When you placed your order, did you see red bars?

I’ve been wondering why I’ve seen no signs of shipping, but when I think back, I’m sure the bars were red when I ordered.

1. If it’s not in stock, it needs to be made clearer - with text rather than coloured bars. Seeing some bars implies to me that there is some (low) stock - not that it’s run out.

2. When can the ‘red bar’ customers expect to take delivery? (i.e. when will there be more stock?)

If I find it’s available in stores but my online order direct from Steinberg is delayed, I won’t be happy.

:cry:

I too am quite frustrated. I ordered it the moment I could off the website last week. I saw no indication this was a “pre-order” and assumed by being up for sale and being in stock that means that it would be shipped to me immediately. My order just says pending still and i’m starting to get upset. it’s bad enough i had bought C5 on November 9th only to find out that C6 arrived in jan. I would really appreciate them telling me what’s going on at least. I certainly have never preordered a product in my life and wasn’t trying to start here.

Today I’m going to be doing at least 8-10 hours of drum editing on a death metal project…to say the new features in cubase 6 could help me would be an understatement.

HEY ARRIVAL, AT LEAST YOU SEE BARS FOR WHEN IT GETS HERE! IM HERE IN THE US OF A AND I JUST GOT OFF THE FONE WITH THIS THIRD PARTY COMP BY THE NAME OF “ASKNET” AND ACCORDING TO THEM, STEINBERG IS ON BACKLOG FOR THIS VERSION, MY MONIES HASN’T EVEN BEEN PROCESSED YET, IT’S BEEN 7 DAYS NOW, AND ASKNET TELLS ME THAT STEINBERG WILL NOW PROCESS THE MONIES FOR THE ORDER WHEN IT SHIPS, SO YOU KNOW WHAT? I CANCELLED THE ORDER!! I’LL JUST WAIT UNTIL IT BECOMES AVAILABLE AGAIN AND WON’T FALL FOR THE STUPID “SPECIAL PRICE” DEALS HERE AGAIN!! LEARNED LESSON ON MY PART. :frowning: :frowning:

Hey Donnie, I think you should order a new keyboard too - your caps lock key seems stuck.

NO MY BUTTONS ARE STUCK PERPOSELY!! WITH ANGER SYRUP!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

mmm… anger syrup. Sounds stupendous. Gonna try that on my anxiety pancakes.

…HMM, TRY DEPRESSION JELLY ON TOP ALSO… :laughing: :laughing:

Now there’s a great band name!

I wonder if I can sue them since I TMed “neurotic crepes”. Cleary a rip-off of my idea!

Oh no !!! As suspected, there’s real confusion between Steinberg and UPS. My account at Steinberg states the order has been shipped (although I’ve had no email confirmation). Yet, UPS state they have not yet received the shipment!!!

Cubase Confusion.jpg
:frowning:

This is actually typical. You can ship and “debit” a label in an electronic shipping system. But, that ID doesn’t show up in the UPS system until they pick it up and it hits the first distro center. So, it should show up later today or tomorrow afternoon in the tracking system.

I got my copy yesterday, and when I ordered there were also red bars and it said ‘pre-order’. So whatever the delay is, it’s not because of any red bars or such, methinks…

Luck, Arjan

You do and I’ll send my bi-polar bear after you.