Hi all. My normal setup is a SaffireLE via f/w but I also have a preinstalled SB X-Fi Xtreme which I have hooked up to some “cheap and nasties”. Both sit happily side by side and I swap between them in Cubase or Winamp with no problem. This is so I can test my mixes through a consumer setup.
In Cubase, the SB only works with the “ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver” but the latency is a little high so I thought I’d see how ASIO4ALL managed. But although the driver has installed, Cubase has picked it up and allows access to the control panel, where I can see that the SB has been detected and the Line outputs are working properly, there is no sound.
In fact, there’s no audio meter activity at all, although cursors and MIDI meters are moving as you’d expect.
F4 panel shows ASIO4ALL with the right outputs selected.
Think I’ve missed something so wondering if anyone else has experience with this combination. I might be relevant to mention that I’ve never managed to get the “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver” working either.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Cubase 6.0.5 64-bit
- Device Setup: Steinberg Audio Power Scheme ON
- Device Setup: Multiprocessing ON
Focusrite Saffire LE (FW400) v.1.5
Dell XPS 8100 Desktop
- CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz (HT OFF, C-State OFF, SpeedStep ON, TurboBoost OFF)
- Chipset: Intel H57
- RAM: 4 x 2 GB DDR3-1333 MHz
- HDD: Non-RAID, 2 x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ (7,200 RPM; DTR: 250 MB/sec; Latency: 4.17 ms)
- Grafix: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series