Behringer BCR2000 midi remote

@funkster1 knob n.7 on the lowest row is AI control, so it follows your mouse pointer. Try to point a plugin parameter (or everithing else) and move the knob on BCR and you will see: it’Cubase magic!

1 Like

Wow, that’s real magic indeed. Great stuff :smiley:

Grazie mille Giampaolo

1 Like

On a side note, I bought the BCR2000 in 2005 and it’s still going strong, in spite of the plastic build …

1 Like

Very sturdy plastic!
BCR32 :drooling_face: is coming… can’t wait!

Oh, had not seen that coming. Looking very nice …

v 1.6
Focus Control page:

• Phase control added
  • EQ Q/TYPE button added to switch between Q and filter type on lower knobs

Immagine1

Mixing page added to control banks of 8 channels at once.

• Mixing page shows track names
  • Added label for focused track and selected page.

Behringer_BCR2000.midiremote (3.4 KB)
BCR2000_label_v1.6.pdf (100.3 KB)

6 Likes

Hi,
great work!! I was thrilled when i saw your post and scripts!
However, i cannot make it work with my BCR2000. Do you know if i have to make a midi usb connection between the BCR2000 my pc and Cubase12? Cause i tried only midi dins connection and cubase is not detecting bcr2000 as a midi controller . I imported your script but also nothing happens. Sorry for any inconvenience! Thanks

1 Like

Hi there and welcome,

You definitely need to use the USB connection for this to work.
Also needed is the 1.10 Firmware and the 64-bit driver (on Windows) for the BCR to be recognized as MIDI device (I mention them just in case you don’t have installed those already).

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0245

Hope this helps :wink:

hi,

thanks for you response. Unfortunately Bcr2000 is not recognised as a usb device on windows10 in my system. I can’t figure out why. Maybe the usb ports?!? I downloaded the drivers but i cannot install it… because the device is not recognised. Thanks anyway!

What Firmware do you have installed on your BCR? When you power on the BCR you’ll see the version n° on the display.
Do you have MIDI-Ox or any other MIDI-monitoring utility on your PC?
If not, download that as well to test your MIDI devices and send newest firmware to it.

EDIT: Also, set the operating mode to U-1 (press “Edit” & “Store” then move the first encoder on the upper row to set the desired mode).

1 Like

Definitely as @funkster1 said you have to use usb connection to make it work, since midi remote checks midi name to recognize the device. Is the led “usb mode” lit on your BCR?

1 Like

Hi,
not all the time. When iam trying to change from standalone to usb mode i instantly get a green light on usb led and then nothing. The led is off and not working when i am turning knobs or pushing buttons.

Ok, something in the hardware not working here… last try: change cable & plug into a USB2 port.

If this is not solve you have to repair it (maybe some condenser gone on power supply or flat cable of usb card not firm connected).

A possible workaround can be fooling Cubase, changing expected name for BCR2000 inside script. If you give me the name of your midi device in/out I can try.

hi,
thanks. I thought that the usb port may be damaged but I should find a way to troubleshoot. I tried 3 usb cables and all the usb ports on my PC. Unfortunately I have one usb2.0 port but the usb controller is usb3 I guess…

I guess you mean BCR2000 as a midi din device. If you have the time, the name of the midi device I connect to bcr2000 via midi din is “VARIOUS8-10” and I am using the mio10 midi interface.

Thanks Thanks for this, I will use it a lot. I am a Nuendo 11 user, waiting for the MIDI remote implementation soon with the update, proud owner of a BCR 2000 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Also I was wondering if maybe once the script is loaded I can add some pages, for some macros and commands I may need. If so I will share it with you when I get it done, and if not, no problem, this is fantastic Thanks again… and Ill be back after updating hopefully early Aprile

2 Likes

Of course, you can add a page with your custom commands! :wink:

1 Like

Would love it if someone decided to do the BCF…

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have a vinyl overlay printer and CNC blade cutter maybe I could make you a vinyl overlay?

3 Likes

I would love :star_struck:
Do you think it can be easily shipped to Italy?
Anyway it could be a nice service for all BCR/BCF owner here!