Behringer X-Touch One Remote

Hi,

I sent you the Private Message. Thank you.

Hello Martin,

May I ask try out a version? I’ve got a couple of X-touches here and forever messing with hybrid solutions that never quite do it all and really appreciate any development someone can lend to this - you’re a legend.

Hi,

I sent you Private Message. Thank you.

@Martin.Jirsak I realise the X-Touch One is only 1 channel but wondered if your Midi Remote code is honoring Track Visibility in CB 12.0.50?
That is if you make the track it’s on not visible does the Midi Remote update the track.
IF so please send code as my Icon Platform M+ midi remote is no longer doing this and since I have my code on version control I know it’s the same version as was working. The only thing I can see has changed is CB 12.0.50. Currently I intend on rolling back to 12.0.40 to check but figured I’d touch base with you scripting (also looks like CB 12.0.51 should be avoided for midi remote users)

That’s awesome - it’s the missing docs for Ctrl Mode!
Most if it is in the Extender user guide, but that doesn’t document the LED display. I’ve got everything working on my XTouch Universal except that display and this fixes it!

Note the 41 in the sysex header is the Device code and its different for different models, For Universal it needs to be 0x14.

Hi,

I’m really confused. I was thinking the Mackie Mode is going to be in use.

Hi Martin,

Would it be possible to get your script too?

Many thanks

Maik

Hello and welcome Maik74 :grin:
I’ve not heard from Martin for a while so I do hope he’s ok.
Cheers,
Steve :grinning:

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the feedback.

In the meanwhile I created my own file (copied from a lot of other scripts).

Feel free to use my script.
The X Touch One must run in MCU mode.

Display (name, pan and volume) is working.
fader is working.

The two pages are more or less identical. On the shift page I use the fader and encoder as AI knob.

Cheers,
Maik

Behringer_XTouchOne.js.zip (4.6 KB)

Hi Maik,
Thankyou, I’ll give it a try and let you know how it all goes.
Also…

:confetti_ball: Happy new year! :tada:

Cheers,

Steve

1 Like

Hi Maik,

I’ve not been able to import the script without getting an error message that it is invalid. I suspect this is due to it being in Java. The scripts I got from Martin imported without a problem but I don’t know what they were written in.

The whole business of writing scripts is quite alien to me as it’s something I’ve never done but in saying this I’m certainly happy to keep helping.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Apologize I uploaded the Javascript so that everyone is able to build up / modify my script.
Attached you will find the importable midiremote file.

Cheers,

Maik

Behringer_XTouchOne.midiremote (5.9 KB)

Hi Mike! I want to say a huge thank you for the script provided. I tested it. It works well, as I understood it is a modified version of Martin. The part with the fader only worked for him, the transport buttons are also active here. I have a few small questions, I would be grateful if you help me with this. I downloaded your first script .java, tried to assign the commands “previous track” and “next track” to two free buttons. But after the appointment, they are not active. How can I modify (assign) this to suit my needs? :blush:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Attached you will find the modified midiremote file:

Behringer_XTouchOne.midiremote (5.9 KB)

I replaced the undo / redo functions with the instruments and channel settings.

The former bank buttons are used now for prev / next track.
The original prev / next channel buttons are not used because the midi note switching automatically to a different midi note every time so I have currently no idea how to make them work in MCU mode.

In the zip file you will find a template for the controller to print out (pdf and svg to modify the template with inkscape) and the javascript file to extend / modify the file on your own.

XTouch-One.zip (660.0 KB)

Cheers

Maik

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m sorry for my break.

I was confused, which MIDI data should I use on the input. One user asked for the “Mackie” data, other one for the “CC” data. What data do you use, please?

Hi Marin,

I am using the MCU default mode for my script. Otherwise the fader would not resolve so fine.

Cheers

Maik

Hi,

Do guys you have a working version, you are satisfied wit, now? Or is there any input/work needed/requested?

Hi Martin,

I am fine with my script. But would like to know how you did. it. Would you share your javascript with me please?

Thanks

Maik

Hi there Martin,
Welcome back, I’ve not seen you for a while!
Regarding the scripts, I’m still testing and as it’s Friday afternoon here and I’m home from work I’m about to have a few beers :beer: and do some more testing.
Stay tuned :smile:
Cheers,
Steve

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry, the code is very messy at this moment (because I didn’t know, if I should use the CCs or the Mackie MIDI Notes). I also didn’t implement the display SysEx there yet and the code was just a first draft. I don’t like to share such a messy code, sorry.

If you have any question, feel free to ask, please. I can share some code snippets, if you are interested in specific parts.