Big problems with Dorico 3

Hmm. This morning startup worked smoothly with opening CC first, but yesterday it didn’t.
I have the older dongle. Happy to try with the newer one. Is it a pain to transfer all the licenses?
Boo on Steinberg for not making a USB dongle that lasts.

It’s not difficult to transfer licenses from one USB-eLicenser to another, but it will take a few minutes. I would strongly recommend you buy a new USB-eLicenser and move your licenses across to it. I think you’ll find it will work much more reliably.

To be fair, version 1 of the dongle (the long one) was designed in the early days of USB 2.0, when the maximum data transfer speed over USB was 80 times slower than the current standard, and the typical “full speed” rate was 320 times lower. That was 18 years ago.

In theory the old dongles “should work” with the current USB standard, but only if every manufacturer of modern USB ports bothers to support old versions of the standard accurately - which isn’t likely to be their top priority. I guess modern PCs just don’t wait long enough for the version 1 dongles to respond reliably.

Mkay, got the new shorter dongle and things seem to be opening up without any issues. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help!