Bring Back Option For MixConsole To Always Be On Top

Yes Please! Always on top is crucial for the mixer!

+1 please bringn it back

and we paid for this update…so we can conclude that Steinberg doesnt give a fu*k bout the customers…it’s not 10% of users that ask for it to be back, but nearly 80% !!!

not sure if i will ever pay another cubase update (plus they say “no more 32bit” support…they do what THEY like not what the buyers want !)

so i think when my cubase 8.5 will be “too old” i wont update cubase anymore, but will go see if Live or Bitwig have what I need (or I’ll go for the new MPCtouch)…waiting for Steinberg to implement things is apparently like waiting for humans to populate Mars !!!

Now I get to work with cubase 8.5 I am increasingly annoyed by the mixers
that disappear when I click in the project. Once again thank you
steinberg Team to put the “always on top” option on the 3 mixers.

If I had known I would not have bought Cubase 8.

Yes Please! Always on top is crucial for the mixer!

bumping this.

+1 Bring it back now!

Very annoying not having this basic feature.
Please implement it back into the program.

This is ridiculous. Why would Steinberg do this?

Nobody knows.

Maybe if they wait long enough until people forget it ever existed, they’ll be able to sell it to us again.
This could be part of the “4 reasons to upgrade to Cubase 12.5”

:imp:

+1. It’s a bit inexplicable that channel and FX windows can be set ‘always on top’, but not the mixer window.

New Cubase user here and I’m getting really frustrated by the mixconsole getting buried underneath pages. It’s especially problematic with the additional Console app that interfaces utilize now. I have a ton of screen real estate, but am still running into problems.

I wish you could assign a hotkey to the mixconsole to bring it to the top. That would seem to solve the problem and doesn’t sound terribly difficult to include.

F3 is permanently assigned to that, but the problem is that the window can no longer be set to stay on top, as was the case in previous versions; nobody asked for that to be changed, and it’s driving everyone insane.

Bring it back !! It was poor taste to leave it out

Suggestion…

I dont know in windows, but OSX has already changed the green window button from maximise to fullscreen window for most of native apps and many 3. party programs. If steinberg do not want to return the AOT mixer, maybe implement the OSX fullscreen instead? Also for the project window please…? Even the dinasaur Pro Tools got it, it should be easy for cubase to include it too (I hope).

Why the ■■■■ would you take away an option that was so useful for so many years?
Just to keep yourselves busy?

Please Mix always come back to the front console. There is no reason to have removed that option so useful

:imp:

Hi,

I’m a long term Cubase user since 1995.

I’ve just upgraded to 8.5 Pro and am very sad and annoyed that the always on top feature has been removed from the Mixer windows.

Please please can we have it back?

Thank you.

We ask 4 it for a long long long time…and what Steinberg answered me on twitter bout that !!!
“we dont want to block the view to some plugins”…

THATS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO WHEN WE ASK FOR “AOT MIXER”…stop taking us for fools.

So is there a real reason why they dont implement that back ??? or is it just that they do what they think is good by their standard not the users point of view (many many many many users aks 4 it, and since man,y years now, check when that thread started)

Steinberg could be the king in DAW bizness if they would listen to users like some other brands do !!! (some people will choose a less good soft with a nice team behind it, than a good soft with a team doing less to satisfy users…we pay a soft, we are in the rights to ask for features…)