Bring Back Option For MixConsole To Always Be On Top

It would be nice if the Key Editor also received an AOT option.

+1 for pinned windows!!!

I’d never use the mixer. But piano roll I’m all over! :slight_smile:

Since the project window can stay maximized it’s useful to have AOT (or docked) windows. Currently when you bring focus back to the project then the other windows will be hidden under it. Not the ideal behavior for many users.

It´s really not good to not be able to AOT´ the mixing windows.

I often solo-view a couple of tracks and sync mixer visibility with the arrangement. Now when I do an edit poof the mixer goes away and I need to re-open it. Really not good. Yes I can have the mixer on my second screen, but there is something really good to have the mixer and arrangement on the same screen when editing.

+1 Must AOT be back, obviously

to return MixConsole To Always Be On Top, please.
is very necessary

I agree that something has to be done with window management…

How did this end up under the Suggestions forum instead of the Issues one?
It’s not a new idea that we would like to have implemented in an upcoming update but something that we’ve had for many years, something that suddenly disappeared.
Something that at the time of purchase was part of the feature set that we considered worth spending money for.

If this decision has indeed been made intentionally, SB needs to understand that they need to stop removing features or change UIs, shortcuts or functionality as they see fit without at least giving us the chance to vote for these changes before they irreversibly sneak into new versions. Remember, we only give you money if you give us what we’re paying for.
Does Cubases product manager really think it’s ok for the mixer to disappear under the project window the moment it loses focus?

If this change has not been made intentionally, then this is what I would call a bug, and this thread’s place should be in the collected issues.

+1 for bringing back AOT for the mixer. This is no less painful now than it was when it was first removed.

1 Like

Unfortunately getting rid of the AOT MixConsole option was apparently an ill advised idea by the Cubase developers to purposely remove it for CB8. So this is not considered an “issue”. That’s why it is listed here as a feature request.

Steinberg reps have posted several times on this and other topics associated with this snafu that they recognize the need for this option to be returned and they are working it. To be honest, this option is so important to so many users that I am very surprised that it WAS NOT included in the latest CB maintenance release (8.0.20). Or that a “special” CB release just for this concern has yet to be issued. They definitely need to get their act together on this ASAP. We have had to deal with this for over (6) months now.

Sorry Steinberg but this is lame customer service… PERIOD! :unamused:

Regards :sunglasses:

I miss it horribly also :wink: - but I doubt it’s removal was simply the result of a capricious whim! It’s more likely there was some programming reality that forced a choice. In any case the result for users is the same.

There’ve been other removed features that came back in different ways, for better of for worse-for example, the transparent events crisis of 2010.

1 Like

Just in case a few users do not know this… hitting the F3 button once or twice (depending on if the MIxConsole is maximized or not) should bring the MixConsole back to the top. This idea might make this buggle a bit more palatable for a few. :wink:

Also, for the record:
I never said this snafu was the result of a capricious whim. I said that apparently it was the result of an ill advised idea and that the fix for this is taking WAY TOO LONG. (6) months and counting… WOW!

Yes, you’re right Prock! I took it up a notch… anyway I just meant it wasn’t a random thing.

Here on my Windows system the current behavior is:
With the Mixer is maximized and behind another maximized window, one tap on F3 brings it to front. In all other cases F3 toggles the open/close state of the window. Is that what you’re seeing?

All good and I know what you mean. :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly the same behavior for me too. Since CB8 I rarely use any maximized windows.

+1 This feature is very important for my workflow and setup, even while working with two screens. Please bring it back!

Yes - please bring AOT back. C8 is virtually impossible to use w/o it.

I really miss this feature a lot; losing it has slowed me down.

Bump…

As the MixConsole AOT function was not brought back in CB 8.5.0

Darn, i ned AOT

With so many people asking for this, with the opportunity of a .5 upgrade and still no progress, I think we can safely conclude that it’s gone forever. Might as well buy a second screen – that’s what I did in the end.