Bring back the GUI of Cubase 7.5

The Cubase 8 GUI sounds so much better … tighter bass, the cohesive lower mids giving way to the expansive midrange soundstage … all these things combine to provide the perfect foundation for the exquisitely detailed upper mids, (with just that indescribable, yet essential hint of toughness around 6.82kHz), opening up to the final touch of air that is the silky, esoteric and phase-coherent highs.

The Cubase 7.5 GUI, on the other hand, sounds like a geriatric cat’s dying fart into a noisy bean-bag.

Personally, I’m back on CB 7.53 until they change that Splash Screen . . .

(oh, and that little Mackie irritation, too, hopefully)

Hugh

Not aimed at you :wink:

I am agreeing with you.
Sorry for confusion.

The previous look was fine. They just wasted a bunch of programmers’ time fiddling with how it looks. Now I have these fonts on the menu with a white haze around them. That looks horrible and I can find no way to get rid of them other than to diminish it by making the background really light which distracts my eyes from Cubase. It’s frustrating and I hate it.

CubeDAW, same opinion here, about the fonts… I prefer these from Cubase 7.5. But as you can see, there are many people who like the interface of Cubase 8 more, than the interface of Cubase 7.5…
I’m wondering, if you pay money will they customize some parts for your needs?!
I would like to use the gui of Cubase 7.5 and these new important feature in Cubase 8, because they were the only reason to upgrade from one to another.
I also would like to have one new feature, which is important for orchestration, and not only:

Personally I don’t want to waste time counting where to put the scores, or to change the measure in signature track every time I need to write in different measures which would sound at same time…

IMO…
If Steinberg didn’t change the GUI in CB8 then users would whine about that too. :unamused: They can’t please everyone so I’ll just say that, in general, I like the CB8 GUI changes.

Regards :sunglasses:

It caused a lot of serious problems. I keep running into new ones. For instance, if I flatten my Arranger Track, now my keyboard shortcuts no longer work!

I adore the C8 GUI, the Aero dependency is ok, everything is more solid. Works well here and my eyes, after many hours of work, say thanks! :wink:
I know, many people dislikes the changes, but come on, I see improvements everywhere, I don’t want to come back to the old (problematic) GUI.

What problems did you have? I have more now. For instance, I had Cubase minimized and I was using my browser, I go to the menu of the browser and instead, the Cubase menu items appear!

another vote for a design rollback !
I don’t care for the logo, but as posted in another thread, the track label font is really worse, it was perfect in 7.5…it is now made for ppl with bad eyes (no offense! :wink: ), bold, big, bright…and the user with healthy eyes is left with no choice but to accept this…
Also the vertical track separators/lines are brighter than in 7.5 (dark grey before, light grey now), this may seem
like a small change, but again this looks very ugly to me (as if i was in Excel accidentally), didn’t need to change it, it was perfect before…

Bring back the GUI of Cubase 7.5

I seem to remember similar requests about users upgrading from
C6.5 —>C7.

Guess it never stops.

‘I don’t like the new so bring back the old’.
NOT!

YMMV
{‘-’}

My thoughts exactly!

It looks like an effort to consolidate the graphic style.
The only thing I think needs some rethought (looks a little cheap) are the knobs, when exposed, on the mixer. However I’m not sure what a better alternative is, when you’re trying to fit that much control into one interface. It’s possible that a more subdued knob colour would help.

Functionwise, this mixer is way more optimized and effective for workflow than 6 and before. They are going the correct direction imo.

Just like Windows has “Classic Mode” now Cubase should have Classic Mode, an option to roll back the GUI look and feel to Cubase 7.5. I liked that more. I don’t like the strip at the top. It gets really annoying when you open other programs and see that menu strip still up there.

I have refrained from posting on this because I can see a bit of logic on both sides of the debate, but . . .

Personally, I do much prefer the new approach. I feel like I can see more of what’s going on in one view.

I wouldn’t mind if it were possible to create short names for plugins (seeing a lot of “T-rac” in this particular project) - sort of like you can in the remote control editor.

Of course, I’m still on 7.53 so . . .
Has this changed in 8? Or is there something I’m missing to help this?

Hugh

I’m agree with CubeDAW again… :slight_smile:
Personally I prefer Cubase 8 /and every release in the future/ to have one main window /as it was until 8th version/ and the MixConsol, Project window… etc, to be opened inside, not as separate windows on the desktop, as it is now…
When I would like to minimize, or close Cubase, I want to do it by one click /as it was before/, to close everything one, by one…

Wow, had a look at some C8 screen shots…very busy looking :open_mouth:

I remember when SX came out, I was lost when looking at those screen shots from Cubase VST :smiley:

The viewtopic link is not a bad idea. Different time sigs for each midi track. Cubase though is written to strict musical rules that favour the composer or conductor more than the tidiness of the page. Probably a mathematical undercurrent for the programmer to deal with too. You’d probably need a master time signature track to oversee the slave tracks.
Saying that though orchestral players can usually decipher most charts they get and most charts, after they have passed thru a few sets of hands, contain alterations by different players. I’ll need a closer look before I join in encouragement just to see if it’s generally feasible for the most part.
I too like a tidy score with as few rests as possible. Readers like to read music and not, generally, notated spaces. You can though, do a lot of tidying from the Score Settings dialog.

To return to topic. What’s a “classic GUI”? I think when Cubase 9 (with the 3D / 4D gui) comes out C8’s flat 2D gui will be seen as a classic by some. There might be complaints about having to work with one eye closed… :mrgreen:

Hehe! :laughing:

7.5 was a godsend. if cubase 8 didnt have small features that I desperately needed (render in place, for one), i wouldnt have upgraded.

+1 return 7.5 gui!

I just upgraded from C5 to 8 …

I find the GUI to be TERRIBLE !
I dont know if its the whole “No basic windows settings” crap but there is so much LESS functional screen “real-estate” and the workflow makes you have to “drill down” into windows instead of the proclaimes “workflow enhancements” …

I guess my workflow with C8 will improve - but as far as the windows usability (e.g. I used to work with two mixer windows open - and flip between inserts and sends on one expanded mixer - the other mixer was ASIO outputs)
This cannot be easily done here - and the window panes (pains ! :wink: ) are HUGE …

Is there a “minimum” display resolution that needs to be used ??? (Im running 1920x1080)