Built in sounds—low quality?

Hi, I’m a total noob, having just bought Cubasis 3 a couple days ago, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I bought this to use as a sequencer, not a performance instrument, but having said that, I expected better quality sounds from the built-in instruments. All the built-in sounds, to me, are relatively low-quality in terms of sample rate and bit depth. They’re nowhere near as bright and clear as the sounds from virtually any other synth app, including Garage Band. Am I expecting too much? Is my experience “normal”, or am I missing something? If the sounds are supposed to be “draft” quality, that’s fine, but if I should expect better, then I have to wonder what’s wrong with my setup. I will be using an iPad Pro, but at the moment, I’m using a low-end iPad 6th generation with only 32GB of storage, so I wonder if my hardware has something to do with it. However, I also installed it on my iPhone 11 Pro, and the sound quality is the same there.

On a related note, I notice that there’s an in-app purchase available for “Classic Machines”, which I assume has high-quality samples for all the machines included therein. Will that IAP give me better quality sounds for my drum kits?

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions. I will follow up later after I’ve tried Cubasis 3 on my iPad Pro with lots of storage.

Hi Livingstudios,

Cubasis comes with three instruments and a wide range of available sounds.

Did you check all three instruments (Micrologue Virtual Analog Synth, MicroSonic, MiniSampler)?

Could the impression be related to your separate AirPods Pro issue topic?
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=300&t=179148

Thanks
Lars