C12.0.30 slow as molasses

I think my system is more than ( 2 times roughly) ok for cubase. Yet it is slow as molasses (particularily when accessing VST instruments) and it starts systematically in safe mode (mentioning "freeze"as the cause). And once started it is most of the time impossible to close it other than by brute force (read ending the task in task manager).

Apparaatnaam DESKTOP-R2RCIT6
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen 16,0 GB
Apparaat-id 58ED8A9C-2539-47EA-A883-0789823D7F1B
Product-id 00332-00020-00000-AA029
Type systeem 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor
this is the dumpfile ( I sent a few dozens with the “send” button in the popup window but these apparently get lost in space :slight_smile: )
[Cubase 12.0.30.286 64bit 2022.6.10 15.45.18.344-freezedump.dmp attachment](upload://x8Jplt162gPtSrf24ZZjSN5JCdA.dmp) (691.5 KB)
some people have cured it by downloading the latest update. I did that ( 12.0.30) but no effect whatsoever.
I feel a little like beta-testing. Is there a solution for this?

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I don’t think so. I believe, they are processed by Steinberg developers.

Yes, but that is for long-term solutions.

Mine is working as fast as other DAWs do and my CPU is comparable to yours (I use reaper as well).
Do you have the same issues without those instruments?
Are there big libraries involved and are they stored on SSDs?

Just trying to help here! :v:

I got also those problems with a good PC. ( safe mode/freeze message, sometimes need to open the task manager to close cubase and random freeze/slow openings windows in a project.

I9-10850k 10 cores/20threads at 4.8ghz
64go ddr4 ram at 3600mhz
OS +cubase/VST on SSD M2 (win11 64bit)
RTX3090 24gb

I added exclusions in my anti-virus and it seems better. I can use cubase with no other problems so it’s not a big deal but it can be a bit annoying.

I work with my second display in 1080p, when I try to work with the TV (4K) , it’s complicated with the sizes, but not a big deal too, and I exclusively work with the second display anyway.

But I’m globally happy with this new cubase, I can work without bugs or crash here.

Hi,

What exactly does it mean, please? Do you mean it freezes while Quit? Or something different?

Hi @josessex ,

The crash happens on the Z:/ drive. What kind of drive is it, please? Could you provide more details about this drive, please?

it seems to be some long forgotten network drive of which the address had changed. I restored it as a quick-fix and would have removed it from the configuration (as |I fear it is not good for latency) but unluckily my testing period for Cubase 12 has expired.

1 Like
  1. new SB account > new test period
  2. Cubase seems to be too “sensible” in regards to drives/locations of previously used content etc. It should throw an error, if relevant, but crash? I would’t think it must.

Hi,

Agree, therefore the issue has been reported to Steinberg. :wink: Thank you