C12 Import tracks from project crashes every time

Hi. Ill try this properly this time.
Fault:
In current project 10 audio lanes with events (or without, this crash is very repeatable)
Import tracks from project
Select cpr (for test i have a project with 10 tracks, no plugins. just faders set creating a wave to prove successful import)

“Track data to be imported” is set to “channel and inspector settings” only

Select the 10 source tracks and then select their destination into the current project respectively.
Click ok then ====>>>CRASH

A serious problem has occurred…blah blah… save your track under a new name…(by this time is already buggered so…no)

click ok to continue

all the tracks selected for import are gone except the first.

Here’s the crash dump:
Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.4.13 11.12.24.388.dmp (712.3 KB)

Must stress this works perfectly well in C11. Have no problems there.
this dmp crash is reported on two empty project (except the 10 empty tracks)

Any body any ideas?

Hardware:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
32BG Ram
240GB SSD
ASUS X399-A Motherboard
RME RayDAT PCIe audio interface.

Repeat!! this function still works perfectly well under C11, what could be the issue?

Thanks

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Thanks…
Foot note: I’ve also installed the April release of C12 on my laptop and the same happens there.

Cheers

Hi,

Do you mean Cubase 12.0.10, please?

yes, 12.0.10.
fault still exists

Hi,

Could you please provide the *.dmp file from Cubase 12.0.10 to be able to verify, it’s really still the same crash? Thank you.

as soon as I’m back at the studio
cheers

Hi Martin, Thanks for your time. As requested Cubase 12.0.10 dmp from
Intel(R) Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz HP G5 Laptop
8GB RAM
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.13 21.06.35.400.dmp (545.1 KB)

Hi,

Thank you. I have updated the report.

any news on this? I have a similar issue on N12 with marker track import (via the same route).

I have the same issue on 12.0.60. Trying to import everything except events and parts from a newer version into an older backup.

(you may wonder why I would do this: along the way I noticed that non-permanent Spectralayers data was lost from the project, so I need to go back but would like to rescue my work on FX and plugins since then)