[CAN-10904] Major VCA fader bug when saved with VCA all the way down!

Aha - yes - so two different bugs - this saving at bar 5 works correctly, so vca LEVEL bug maybe fixed - VCA -infinite bug still exists…

I also tested with imported tracks from previous version and got the same result - so looks like bug is only on -infinity…

OK, I can agree with this. :wink:

So, the conclusion is:

• “The [CAN-10904] Major VCA fader bug when saved with VCA all the way down!” is still not fixed.
  • The [CAN-13305] “Project is reopen with different Volumes, when VCA automation is used” is fixed.

I was afraid so…

I cannot reproduce this in Cubase 9.5.20. Can you?

No - I believe this is fixed - just a problem when vca is set to -Ins and project saved with song position after that point…

@da10us, can you reproduce this?

I am having SO much trouble with this bug… WHY won’t steinberg fix this??? I don’t understand!! It is a destructive bug and interferes with the fundamental point of a DAW… GETTING A GOOD MIX!! As you all have already covered, when I save a project and reload it later all of my Audio track fader levels (assigned to a VCA) are lost and zeroed. Does Steinberg monitor this forum?? Why can’t we get a response? This needs to be fixed for ALL affected versions of Cubase and it should be the very next thing they work on until finished. I’ve been working on a mix for a week that should only take 2 or 3 days… Mixing and mastering music should be fun… right now I’m pulling my hair out and stressed over this nonsense. When you sit with a client for 10 hours ($450 of theirs spent on the session) and you get all the levels set right then come back the next day for a second 10 hour session and try to load up where you left off but can’t because of this bug and have to start over, thats MY dime… I can’t feed my family with clients walking away from me over stuff like this. What is Steinberg waiting for? A lawsuit for damages?? Have some respect and fix your piece of garbage product! Does anyone have any updates? Please help!

Once this happens it’s a real bummer.
You can stop it happening by making sure that your VCA’s never go to minus infinity.
I make mine -80…

I hear you but most of us are anal about our mixing right? It’s an art form to us and we are some of the most picky artists on the planet. We remove sub bass enemy frequencies and we turn our knobs not because some civilian might be able to tell but because WE are pros and WE know the mistakes and the mess is there. We care to do it right. -inf is there for a reason. I want to be able to use it in cubase. The cubase I paid a lot of money for. I don’t want to introduce possible artifacts into my mix at anything above -inf. I want to sleep well at night knowing my data is safe and my mix is perfect.

Think of what happens to the unsuspecting engineer. He or she goes through balancing their mix and they are happy and proud. They save and come back the next day, load the project and bam there’s the problem. So they think ok it must have been a mistake on their part. They are frustrated at the loss but dig in again to redo the mix. Finished once again they save the project and come back the next day to continue. Load up and bam there it is again. They think what the hell? Waste tons of time checking all settings and configurations in cubase. Scratch their head and start fixing the mix again. This could happen half a dozen times before it brings them here to find a work around. Not a fix from a great company. A workaround from a great community.

For a simple mix of 10 or so tracks this is not as much of a problem although it’s still destructive and disrespectful. However for projects the size of what brought me here looking for answers? For projects with 70 plus tracks and so many groups and VCAs etc…? It is an UN-HOLY and evil snatcher of souls. This is where Steinberg loses loyal customers.

Anything less than a fix from Steinberg will turn this into a very public warning to potential customers that they should stay away from Steinberg and existing customers should migrate away from Cubase over to a better solution. I hear great things about Studio One and obviously Pro tools is another possibility.

I apologize for the lengthy response. I am just so disgusted.

Tldr;
work arounds are jerk arounds! Respect your customers and FIX YOUR PRODUCT STEINBERG!

The numbers in the thread title are a bug tracker ID. It means that the bug has been acknowledged and that it will be fixed once the programmers are done investigating what can be done.

This particular bug will probably need some deeper investigation because it’s a side effect of how Cubase fundamentally works internally. It’s probably a bit more complex than it seems. I hope you’ll understand.

I’m really sorry guys, this thread has had no posts specifically about troubleshooting the bug itself since April 28.

I’ll lock it for the time being. If there’s more info available it will be posted.