[CAN-27408] Cubase 10.5 completely slow on Mac Mojave

“Sorry”.
Sorry?!
Stop ignoring us and reprimand us for your mistakes.

I mean I’m annoyed but I’m not going to rip into the software developers for this. They are human beings. They sit there all day entering code and when all goes well they get little thanks. But when things go wrong anyone would think they’d literally punched you in the face with all the bad feelings and anger in this thread.

The bad feelings should be directed towards upper management; not the coders. Software development is damn hard. There are always bugs and always unforeseen weirdness with certain configurations. Some of those bugs are get squashed before release, but some will always get out.

So please be respectful towards the coders who are doing truly amazing things. Any criticisms should be directed towards the decision makers, the deadline setters and the upper managerial positions who need to address this issue directly with customers. We could all do with some kind of concession which will address the fact that we paid for an unstable upgrade which has turned a Ferrari into a tricycle with wobbly wheels.

I’m totally fine with them getting this update right before release - how could they do otherwise?

It would just be right and proper for Steinberg/Yamaha management to give something back as compensation for these unforeseen troubles we’ve had.

Peace and respect.

Hi!
Who said anything about the coders? myself and most of the people here: speak of steinberg as a whole.
Wouldn’t “rip” into them if they were honest enough to stand behind their wrong doings.
Get little thanks?! they get our money which is the common form of payment in the civilised world, i dint pay them less then what they asked for, i didn’t pay then took my money back, I didn’t pay them with fishes and cattle.
They didn’t LITERALLY punched me in the face…they are making ME earn less money!
Yes there are always bugs, of course, but maybe…just maybe if they waited a little more we wouldn’t have to be in this situation.
This cake is obviously NOT BAKED.
Don’t feel bad for steinberg, for they obviously do not feel bad for us.
Loved the ferrari analogy.
Peace.

It’s simultaneously lame of Steinberg, and just dumb to upgrade one’s software to soon. We all know this. But we do it, and SB wants us to do it. Hell, I did it. But they should take responsibility… and frankly, I’m actually assuming they might come forward with some kind of rebate or credit… But who knows?

Regardless, a license for 10.5 allows you to install all previous versions of Cubase and use them, and those versions are mostly stable, and very full-featured.

…but I want my dang rebate.

100% agreed !!!

Steinberg should really give our money back for this.

Ya i guess its better to wait before purchasing, they spend so much money on advertising thats actually does the job of convincing me pretty well i must admit.

And accidents happened before with earlier versions of cubase (im buying cubase since 4 and always upgraded), but never something like this.

Steinberg is deliberately distancing themselves from their costumers because they dont want to take responsibility for their screwups and have nothing to say but sorry.
In my experience this sort of things happen when a company is so sure of its might and impact ,and believe that their costumers are a bunch of sheep that will dance and clap every time that steinberg coughs.
I mean i would comment on the announcement they made about delaying the fix but the CANCELLED THE COMMENTING OPTINS.

So i’ve sent a privet message to Fabio Bartolini from steinberg who posted the update on the hotfix, i will update you guys when/if he answers me.

Hi all,

the update is now available in the SDA.

Hi Matthias thats awesome, could you please address to the words written on this thread?

Ya, NO.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience that the issue has caused and the team has been working constantly since the first reports on the reproduction, finding the reason, fixing it, testing it and preparing the release. The hot fix before Christmas was just a part of it of course. We have received lots of reports and recorded and analysed trace files on multiple systems since then in order to nail down the problem. This issue was our number one priority for the last weeks.

There are a lot of different issue reported in this thread. Some are related to the Mac issue, some aren’t. But speaking about the memory or “spinning ball” issue I can guarantee that we wouldn’t have released the Cubase 10.5 initial release if we would have been aware of the issue at that time and we did everything to get the update released as soon as possible.

Some people in this thread want to make Steinberg look like the big bad corporation that only wants to squeeze the money out of their customers. But if you are looking at our release history and the direction that Cubase is taking in the last couple of years, do you really think that we are acting like we don’t care? This is not a company driven by suits or venture capital. Cubase is made by a team of professionals who are very passionate about their product, their work and their customers. Some of the devs for more than 30 years.

So again, please excuse the inconvenience that this issue has caused. The main issue is now fixed with the C10.5.10 update. Please don’t stop to send us your issues and crash reports. Your support is highly appreciated. We will have a look at all of them and we will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Matthias

Awesome! Thanks for the fix. Installing now!!

I guess I shouldn’t have praised you.

After installing Cubase rescanned all my plugins which took unusually long. When done it turns out a HUUUGGGEE chunk has been blacklisted.
I manually removed them from the blacklist and now cubase won’t start and is stuck in Scanning plugins.

What a joke. I now have to do a whole system restore from my time machine.

Please test next time throughly before dropping such a nightmare

its available now

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/cubase_105.html

Still getting beachballs here after the .10 update.

I am sorry to hear that!
Please reset your program preferences by generating a new preferences folder.
To do so, you must rename the folder mentioned below. Note that the user library is hidden. To access it, please click on the “Go” menu in the menu bar of the Finder. When the “Go” drop down menu appears, you need to press and hold the key “alt” on your keyboard which adds the “Library” entry to the menu.

Now please rename

“/Users//Library/Preferences/Cubase x”
to
“/Users//Library/Preferences/x_Cubase x”

Important: If you find folders of previous program versions, make sure to hide or remove them too.

Does Cubase start again? Are the plug-ins blacklisted again? If so which ones are they? It may help to send a screenshot of the blacklist.

OH MY GOD

MEMORY LEAK PROBLEM STILL EXIST IN 10.5.10 … I CAN WORK JUST ABOUT 1 HOUR … AFTER THAT, CUBASE USE ALL MY MEMORY FOR NO REASON … AND I NEED TO RESTART CUBASE TO CONTINUE TO WORK

You’re getting further than me at least. I just get continuous beachballs.

What MacOS version are you running?

Seems to be a better here. On my load test it perform better (cpu) than 10.0.50, not much better but still an improvement. Graphics is MUCH better, but the GPU load is also much higher.

Mojave 10.14.6 , MacMini 2018 i7 ,32gb