Cubase 8.0 December 3, 2014
Cubase 8.5 December 2, 2015
Cubase 9.0 December 7, 2016
Cubase 9.5 November 15, 2017
Cubase 10.0 November 15, 2018
Cubase 10.5 November 20, 2019

So , next is Cubase 11 , probably at the end of the year

My mistake! Correct you are.

Same problem. Cubase 10.5.5 running out of memory. Have to restart Cubase.

I just use 10.0.50. I disabled the “Suspend VST3 Plugin Processing when no audio signal is received” preference in Cubase as per Steinberg’s advice.
I recorded/mixed/mastered a complete album without showstoppers.(I admit I had some plug-in induced weirdness, plus Cubase doesn’t like finder extensions, but that’s surmountable)

Why do you guys keep banging your head against the wall? What’s so vital about 10.5?

I like the fact that Cubase keeps older versions, so you can just try the new version and revert to the old if something doesn’t work properly.

Also, I think Apple is to blame for a lot of this by pulling the rug under Steinberg’s feet. Who wants an overhauled OS every year anyway?

Features such as video export which some of us have been wanting for years. Plus the extended “import tracks from project” functionality. But thats besides the point. They charged us for an update which is unusable. I think the bulk of the frustration on this post is the fact that Steinberg released this, charged us for it, and didn’t bother to properly check that it worked before doing so.

Apple are indeed to blame too. I’m definitely not Apple’s biggest fan and I agree about no one wanting an overhauled OS every year - It’s annoying as heck! But the 10.5 Mac update clearly wasn’t ready and shouldn’t have been released. This is Steinberg’s fault as much as Apple’s. It’s as simple as that.

10.5 doesn’t work on Mojave either - that was ‘released’ September 2018, and in an available beta months before that.

So NO excuse that this is all Apples fault sits, this is Steinberg’s problem.

True That.

Hey @Steinberg: How about a replay, an apology?

Not a chance… I came here today to see how it was and still same poopies… what about everybody who needs to finish their tracks? oh… i see… steinberg doesn’t care atm.

Im more worried about the wednesday release than the spilt milk. For sure they will have solved some issues, but I dont think the performance on OSX will be on par with the 10.0 versions.

Then maybe its time we do something about it.

Can you please direct me to where it says there will be a release on Wednesday?

Is this still an issue for anyone else? My 10.5.5 completely locks up. Have to reboot Mac. Mojave 10.14 iMac Pro 64gb ram etc. Barely able to work now. So frustrating.

Wait, wuuuut… Wednesday??

Seems to been postponed an other week.

My word… This is really ridiculous. This update better be ROCK SOLID when it comes out! No more excuses after this.

I cant believe. What now… what :neutral_face: Postponed :open_mouth:

I guess that you can thank the crackers of the dongle for this delay.

Take a deep breath, people. Yes, 10.5 shouldn’t have been released with this immense issue and it really, really sucks. BUT, would you rather they release the patch with a huge showstopper bug like 10.5 originally had, or take one more week and fix it? The choice is obvious to me.

I choose option number three which is the option you chose plus steinberg taking responsibility for the situation and reprimand those who’s businesses got hurt because steinberg wants money more then they want happy costumers.

I literally tried to mixdown a project in front of a client yesterday and could not do it because the mixdown window turned 100% RED!
This was unprofessional and embracing.