On Windows 11 workstation, in the MIDI- and Waveform-editor, the horizontal scroll direction is wrong or at least unexpected. Usually Shift+Mousewheel-Down is scroll to the right (forward) and Shift+Mousewheel-Up is scroll to the left (back). On Nuendo it’s opposite.
This might have a reason, but I’d prefer to have it the way I’m used to. Is it somehow configurable?
The problem seems to be known for a while. Older posts about the same issue (still unsolved):
A known fundamental problem that has been ignored for a long time. With every upgrade I hope this gets fixed or at least configurable.
Developers, please, just add one checkbox “Invert horizontal mouse wheel scrolling” in Preferences Dialog (checked with the current behavior). Or at least justify why you’re not going to fix it
That’s Steinberg for you.
I’ve been begging them to make it customizeable (let the user decide the direction of horizontal scroll) for YEARS.
I’ve found a workaround with Autohotkey program that inverts mouse scroll when Cubase is running and shift is pressed. But now in Cubase 14 Steinberg geniuses made it so that in mixer window horizontal scroll is engaged just with mouse scroll, without shift. But in true Steinberg fashion they made it not an option, but now horizontal scroll works ONLY just with mouse scroll and DOEN’T WORK with shift. Meaning - Autohotkey doesn’t work in mix window anymore, cause shift is not pressed.
This is getting ridiculous really. Sometimes I feel that Steinberg do it on purpose or something.
I saw videos about Cubase 15 and they changed it, and made it like on every Windows program!! I didn`t get why they Steinberg made a big deal about that and haven`t show it on the presentation