Cannot update routing for a player

I have a player called Keyboard 2 with IRV on. As you can see in the screenshot below, it is routed to Bank 03, Port 1, Channel 9:

Now I would like to route “Staff (b)” to another endpoint in another Bank - only for the current flow. So I just select the item from the list:

It then quickly jumps to Bank 04 before “something bad happens” and I end up on top of my player list:

The routing is not changed. So I cannot change the Bank at all.

There is other strange behaviour, when I only try to change the Channel (not the Bank), this leads to another Staff being added in Play mode:

However changing the channel works eventually. Changing the Bank never does. This is reproducible on other instruments in my project.

I fiddled around with a new project and it seems to be buggy if:

• IRV is turned on
  • “This flow” is selected
  • You try to change Bank

If “All flows” is selected, it works as expected.

I’m using the latest version Dorico 4.0.20.

Unfortunately I’m still in 3.5 so won’t be much help. But in general I found that to change the routing of a different staff of an instrument you need to create a new voice, either upstem or downstem. Otherwise Dorico will stubbornly persist on using the same VST for both staves.

Thanks for your reply, @Bollen. What you describe might work, but it’s not really feasible for my work. I’m really wondering if this is a bug or somehow intended behaviour. Maybe @dspreadbury could tell more?

It really shouldn’t be a problem, once you change the very first note on that staff it’ll persist for the rest of the score and it will have the same appearance. However, I will point out that I have now moved to version 4 and have encountered a bug that produces similar strange behaviour.