Cautionary Accidental restated

Hi! I’m trying to figure out which cautionary accidental setting to change so that this leaves as expected. (I would put a single G#, and perhaps a cautionary G-natural on the first occurrence, but not for the additional ones. I’ve tried trial-and-error, working my way through the rules, applying and checking, and haven’t been able to find the right option.

Slice 1

Thanks!

There is no setting that will automatically hide these, because of the simultaneous cross-relation in what I assume is the same instrument. You’ll have to hide them manually. See this recent topic.

2 Likes

Try option 1. Notation options.

Edit: Mark is right. That didn’t solve the issue. In fairness, it’s not a bad thing to show both accidentals (at least on the first chord) since it is a cross relation and depending on the work a performer might be inclined to edit on the fly.

1 Like

Daniel @dspreadbury is it possible in future to create a setting to suppress them after the first occurrence in a bar, as in this case? I can see where this could come up a lot for piano.

3 Likes

It might be proper to parenthesize the natural on the higher G. Checking “Show cautionary in parentheses” should do it.

1 Like