Change functions in Vs 5?

Strange behavior. Have these changed with the new version? For instance…the “Play from start of flow” does not function per your PDF. Just a quick tone of whatever instrument(s) and then nothing. The transport bar works just fine, but not the these. Neither does the Retrospective Ctrl+Alt+R…I’m sure these is a simple remedy, but I haven’t found it as of yet…(MAC OS 12.6.6)…
Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 2.46.16 PM

Some playback shortcuts have been changed with the new Scrubbing Playback feature. Check out pages 18-19 in the D5 Version History:

1 Like

OK. I get it. Works fine. It will take getting used to (habits)…but I think it’s better than the old method…Thanks for the response…

1 Like

It is probably a cleanup thing because the key commands table and the key commands preferences inside Dorico still list shift-alt-spacebar as ‘play from start of flow’. It’s not true now as ‘scrub only selected staves’ uses the shift key with alt-spacebar. But, one could use the key commands preferences to assign some other key combo to “play / start or stop playback / start of flow” if desired and you could have both. As I test I mapped it to ‘alt-a’ (option-a on my Mac keyboard) and it worked. I didn’t even remove the old mapping, just added a new one alongside it. Have to look for something not already in use, of course, but the dialog will warn you if you choose something already in use.

2 Likes

You may find this thread helpful:

2 Likes