Changing fingerings could be better in next Dorico

Its quite common to change your mind on fingerings, especially while you practice a piece. In Dorico changing fingerings could be better.
So, here are my suggestions for Dorico 4:

1. Now, when you want to change a left hand fingering (guitar) you have to
    select note->press shift+F->delete finger-> enter new finger
    On my opinion it should be
    select note->press shift+F->finger number is automatically selected-> enter new finger

2. Now, when you want to change a right hand fingering (guitar) you have to
    select note->press shift+F->press down arrow->delete finger-> enter new finger
    On my opinion it should be
    select note->press a shortcut that opens the right hand fingering popup directly (e.g control+shift+F)->finger number is automatically selected-> enter new finger

(Proceeding to next note’s fingering (by pressing e.g. spacebar) should also automatically select it, so you only have to enter a value)

Regards
Kostas

Perhaps not quite as fast as your suggestion, but you can change the fingerings in the Properties panel. For some reason, I can’t upload an image. But select the note that has the fingering, then change it - it is pretty quick.

If it’s just one fingering, it’s easy enough doing it the way it is.
But, as you say, if one is practising, then one could just delete all relevant fingering using (option/alt)+Command+ F. Then enter them all as usual.

See - these - replies - from Daniel in other topics.

I assume you mean the " Reset Fingering" command. The problem is that this command deletes both fingerings for left and right hand (if they coexist).
So you have to re-enter both.

Thank you all for the answers and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Kostas

with a streamdeck it is no problem to create the right shortcuts for fingerings or fingering rectifications.

1 Like