Chant in Galley View: notes wander off screen

I ran into an interesting issue today when inputting a transcription of Credo III into English. Twice now I’ve input notes and they went clear off of the screen and Dorico will not allow me to scroll those notes into view either in note input mode or after exiting out of it.

The notes are just wander right off of the screen and there’s nothing I can do about it (apart from switching to page view.) If I switch to page view and then switch back to galley view, THEN I can scroll the notes into view.

I tried to see if this would happen with a new document and it didn’t, so it seems there is something odd about this file that I’ve created (attached). No doubt when you first open the file everything will be in view; you’ll have to attempt to add notes again to trigger the issue.
Credo III • English Transcription.dorico (694.4 KB)

Here’s another set of screen shots demonstrating what galley view would show me vs. page view:
Galley:
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.07.54 PM

Page:

Yep, this has been reported a number of times. It happens to me probably a dozen times a day.

I wasn’t sure if I’m this case it had anything to do with being in open meter. I figured I wasn’t alone but wanted to report it just in case.

And Daniel said this will be fixed in the next update.

1 Like