clavinova USB MIDI

Hi all,
I would like to start recording on Cubase 8 (C8) something from my Clavinova, I am new in this techniques so be patient please.
I have this hardware:

• Yamaha clavinova CLP 470 with both USB MIDI out and in-out old style MIDI ports
  • usb external MIDI controller M-Track M-Audio
  • Pc HP Envy Intel I7, 12gb ram with Beats Audio system and w10 as upgrade from w8, updated frequently.
  • actually I have only M-Audio ASIO drivers installed but I tried also Asio4All, Yamaha USB MIDI driver and Yamaha Steinberg USB MIDI drivers

1st question:
I tried to use the USB cable with both standard USB MIDI driver and Yamaha Steinberg USB MIDI (that should have ASIO driver embedded) but in no case Cubase has recognized the Clavinova as MIDI device and there’s no way to set up it in MIDI peripherals manager and take control of its banks and patches. with the standard driver it’s possible to select Clavinova as input and output in vst connections, with Yamaha Steimberg Driver (downloaded from link in Steinberg site) didn’t work at all, opening driver control panel don’t show any instrument attached.
any suggestion? I am doing something wrong?
2nd question:
now I am using MIDI cables connected with the M-Audio but neither in this case i can control the instrument properly
for sure I am missing something essential…in configuration or something else

thanks for reading

Michele

Hello,
Try the suggestions I listed in your other post. Good luck :wink:

Regards :sunglasses: