Command for specifying accidental, rhythm dot and articulation before/after inputting note

Hello,
this is a very specific question:

Is there a lua-command to activate “specify accidental, rhythm dot and articulation before inputting” and a lua-command to activate “specify accidental, rhythm dot and articulation after inputting”? So I can put it into a script and trigger that via a key command.

Thanks and have nice easter
Stephan

Have you tried recording a script and changing the option in application Preferences > Note Input?

yes and there sadly only is app:doCommand([[Application.Preferences]]) in there

probably only Daniel can answer this question :upside_down_face:

I’m curious: What’s your workflow that you need to change this so frequently that using the prefs is a chore?

Maybe this: FR: Link PBD and order of dots

Whenever I change K, I also want to change this.

1 Like

There is this nice idea for me that you have two buttons that stepwise change the ghost note in PBD (like in Finales Speedy Entry I think, though I don’t own it), like the + and - sign on the numpad, and still always have to last note you already entered selected, so you can manipulate it with Shift+I popover, to e.g. add an octave above.
If After inputting note is on, you can manipulate your last entered note, but you can’t manipulate the shadow note stepwise up or down.
If Before inputting note is on, you can raise/lower the pitch of the ghost note, but you can’t manipulate the last entered note with Shift+I popover.

So my plan is to write a script that when pressing the + sign on numpad, it temporary turns to Before inputting note, then it raises the shadow note one whole step, and then it goes back to After inputting note.

That is probably a not-understandable-word-salad :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately there isn’t a single command that you can use in a macro to capture changing a specific preference. We would need to add a dedicated command to toggle that setting, which is perhaps something we should do at some point.