Complainers

What makes your own “assessment” any more worthy than Conman’s? Your self-proclaimed higher IQ?

Oh that was “vicious” of me… LOL, mate, it’s a forum with people. With people there are few coincidences. People are creatures of habit. Newbies posting their issues on a forum is not a coincidence, it’s perfectly logical.

There is no “story”, the moral you proclaim comes from your own opinion.

Post count means experience. Not irrevocably of course, but non-the-less experience. It is logical then, to assume that people with low counts have less experience and are less familiar with the products, and likely more issues.

Just because you can appear as a new user, does not mean that people do it as a matter of norm. And technically, if someone does what you suggest…

There are those with high post counts (as well as low) who should know better. Sometimes I include myself. :laughing:
EVERYONE who has had cause to counter my posts aggressively NEVER includes THEMSELVES. And yet they seem to have the most problems.
I have constantly to rest my case and in this instance it is resting with a hot toddy, warm bedsocks and a luxurious duvet. :mrgreen: It is winter and there is a war on after all.

ps: Experienced posters’ posts are usually quite clear about explaining any problems and necessary system details whether low or high post count and present their issues in a businesslike way.
The inexperienced and plain inept explanations usually boil down to “WTF! Summat’s up! Fix it. HEEEELLLPPP!!!” and on being presented with a plain solution complain that the contributor with the solution does not fully understand the problem. :unamused: To buy a $600 business software (Cubase is business software) and then not have a clue as to communicating the right question to get the right answer puts phrases in my head. All of them contain the word “Dolt!” for some reason I can’t fathom. :laughing:

Traipsing around the forums insulting people helps how? I don’t think name calling, or calling people stupid helps much. I’m sure you provide lots of constructive help, although personally I’d appreciate less of the insults.

Insults? Who’s been insulted? How? Own up all those who don’t know how to use Cubase and never know how to explain themselves properly and who arrogantly talk down to anyone who doesn’t want to join in the game of “knock the capitalist bestids!”

And I’m trying to solve YOUR problems as we speak. Starting off screeching as to how it just couldn’t be yourself at fault and it MUST be the software and besides EVERYONE has the problem as well doesn’t help you look very businesslike. Your later posts look better and clearer already. I only say what the guy in the garage would say if you came and shouted like that in the workshop. How can anyone fix a problem when all you want to do is bang your head on a wall. Sometimes a kick up the ass stops the headache.

Hornforhire kindly fixes a problem. Then you say to him. Hmph! Thanks but it’s just a band aid thus implying you have a huge wound.
Like when the nurse puts a plaster on your cut finger; “That’s only a bandaid! I need a doctor!”

More software with bugs and less people with bugs and I wouldn’t need to be this “polite” with anyone.
If you live in a town where everyone says “Feck off!” then you have to say “Feck off!” in a much classier way.
Which means that when the word “Dolts!” goes through my head I don’t actually tell them to “feck off!”.
Because I’m nice and trying not to insult anyone. :laughing:
I only ever insult “intelligence”. :mrgreen:

Words like inept, dolt, inexperienced, etc., combined with your attitude that people need a “kick up the ass” certainly comes through in your tone.

I’ll reiterate, I’m sure you provide lots of constructive help, although personally I’d appreciate less of the insults.

You’ll get less insults if you stop hallucinating them. :laughing:

:smiley: Things to remember maybe ?
It’s a product for which people have paid, and so have every right to complain about things in it which they consider to be faults and/or omissions.
The only types of posts which are REALLY repeated every time a release or upgrade occurs are the ones complaining about people making mention of the new flaws they have found.The “complaints” about the softwares faults refer to new software (e.g upgrades) which by definition can’t be repeats as the “upgrade” is new. (Unless of course the flaws are being repeated in each iteration of the software, or said faults are not being repaired !)
Cheers

Right.

We like to write about complaints but most of what people need are actual pointers on how to use etc., and veterans should not withhold on providing simple advice to frustrated users.

A nod to the previous post to this one. Yes, People have paid but it’s SOFTWARE. It’s a 0.0 release and anyone with the mental and financial wherewithal to buy a VERY complex piece of equipment like Cubase should know that it takes more than an afternoon to master BOTH the software and the hardware.
You really need to know what you’re doing before even thinking of buying Cubase. Some seem to use the forum (and probably other DAWs get this too) to learn Cubase. You can’t. All you can get from a forum is the odd pointer to something you’ve missed or to report what you think is the odd bug.

There is a breed of “serial complainers” pretty well known on Amazon etc and more especially hotel / restaurant review sites and maps and this forum seems not immune.

Where I see an answer I never withhold simple advice to users with problems and I always start with the premise that they know what they are doing IF they don’t first telegraph that they don’t by starting off the post that insists that they are professional and have “clients” watching their Cubase crash with “WTF!!!”

I mean, imagine a headed business letter that starts; “Dear sir, WTF!!!” If that arrived on anyone’s desk what would they think they were dealing with? He’d show it round the office for a laugh and then bin it.

The real arrogance on here is that ; I’ve found a bug and I’m going to complain to the company about it and anyone who tries to tell me it’s not a bug had better watch it.

There’s a few hundred features in Cubase. I know a lot of them but not all. I’m VERY experienced with computers and Cubase and if I found a bug I’d certainly think twice before reporting it and a few more times before having a good old whine. Which is why I find it strange that there are so many “bug reporters” who, when pressed, claim to be pretty expert. Especially when some of them find more bugs a month than I have found in a decade. :mrgreen:

Imagine support on a forum from someone who begins, “Dear sir, you’re a dolt who needs a kick in the ass.”

Stay off the forums… they’re of no use to anyone, Cubase 7 is rock solid here except for 1 dodgy plugin (fx geist) that instantly crashes the program upon opening. Plenty music coming in 2013…
Happy New Year all :wink:

Rob

After brief experience here on the forums, I find “Stay off the forums… they’re of no use to anyone” to be great advice.

FYI, the Flux Ircam tools crash Cubase 7 as well and end up blacklisted, so you can add that to Geist :slight_smile:

Cheers Bill,

Emailed FX but it’s holiday time… all my other plugs run fine except that one. Hope yours get sorted too.
All the best

Rob

Clownman is the biggest complainer on these forums. :laughing:

Maybe that should be Conclown. :chin: