Continued Groove Agent Issues

Groove Agent has become so unstable that it crashes Cubase (latest version of each) every time I attempt to load a preset. Does anyone else have this issue? it’s happening on both my computers (Win 7 and Win 10), ever since I installed the latest Cubase.

Dump files attached…any help greatly appreciated!
Cubase 10.0.40.284 64bit 2019.10.9 19.34.32.292.dmp (398 KB)
Cubase 10.0.40.284 64bit 2019.10.9 19.34.31.118.dmp (389 KB)
Cubase 10.0.40.284 64bit 2019.10.9 19.34.29.949.dmp (383 KB)

Hi,

If I’m right, I already investigated at your crashes, right? The crashed were in Cubase, right? This thread.

Could you try to trash (rename) Cubase preferences for and Groove Agent SE preferences folder, please? You could also try to reinstall Cubase and Groove Agent (if any installation corruption happened).

Is it Grove Agent SE?

If you have older Cubase preferences folders there, rename even the older folders please.

Hi Martin,

many thanks for your reply. Yes it’s Groove Agent SE. I’ll follow your suggestions.

Hi,

Could you please add these information:

• GrooveAgent Version

• The preset which caused the crash

• Audio System Setting
  • Audio Interface
  • Buffer size
  • Sample Rate
  • ASIO Guard Settings

CAN-25377

Hi Martin,

GA SE5 version number 10.0.40.284
Many presets have caused the crash: the latest being Grooving Future Kit 1 (GA SE Library) and Ageless (Production Grooves)
Steinberg UR22mkII interface
512 sample Buffer
44.1kHz Sample Rate

Can you please advise me where to find the ASIO Guard Settings?

I updated the interface’s drivers the other day (to fix a noise problem) and the crash hasn’t occurred since. Is it likely this was the issue?

Many thanks…

Hi,

You can find the ASIO Guard Settings in Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System. Thank you for the info!

One more addition question, please.
How do you load the presets (from within GASE? from the plugin header preset list? from Cubase mediabay instantiating a new GASE)?

Hi Martin,

I’ve been loading presets from within GASE (both from the “filters” menu (right of and above the GA logo) and the “load program to select slot” under the GA logo.

ASIO Guard latency: 23,220ms, ASIO Guard selected, normal level.

Many thanks!

Hi there, I have the same issue. When I load “Passion and Respect” preset in Groove Agent SE, and turn on some of the drum patterns, after 2-3 minutes playing, Cubase crashes.

Thank you in advance, and best regards!
Cubase 10.0.40.284 64bit 2019.10.24 21.54.00.825.dmp (840 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Could you please add these information:

• GrooveAgent Version

• The preset which caused the crash

• Audio System Setting
  • Audio Interface
  • Buffer size
  • Sample Rate
  • ASIO Guard Settings

Hi, I already wrote the preset, also I’ve updated all my drivers and device firmwares and that lib( VC_redist.x64) as well, just in case, but still keep crashing. I made a screenshot for the requested information. I am using Groove Agent SE, please advice me how to check the full version number.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, any updates here?

I have tried everything but still getting crashes - when you say you updated the interface’s drivers what are you referring to? Are the Steinberg drivers part of Cubase? Or is it a DAW? I have an NI Komplete Audio 2

Any help gratefully received as I cannot use GE at all at the moment

Thanks

s

Hi,

Then to update NI Komplete Audio driver would be the same task as the mentioned one. Download it from NI Service Center, please.

Hello Martin,

I have the same issue: Groove Agent crashes Cubase when I try to load one of the Acoustic Kit presets.

GrooveAgent Version: SE
The preset which caused the crash: Acoustic Kit - Life is simple
Audio System Setting
Audio Interface:Steinberg UR22 mkII
Buffer size: 128 Samples
Sample Rate:44.100kHz
ASIO Guard Settings: Input Latency 6 780 ms, Output Latency 7.755 ms, Asio Guard Latency 23.220 ms, 32 bit float processing precision, Activate Multi Processing - yes, Activate Asio Guard -Yes, level normal, 2 Seconds Disk Preload

Can you please advise in this case?
Many thanks and best regards,
Adam

Hello Martin,

I have the same issue: Groove Agent crashes Cubase when I load one of the Acoustic Kits.

GrooveAgent Version:SE
The preset which caused the crash: Acoustic Kit - Life is simple
Audio System Setting
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR22mkII
Buffer size: 128 samples
Sample Rate:44.1kHz
ASIO Guard Settings: Input latency 6.780ms Output latency 7.755 ms, Asio guard latency 23.220ms, normal level, Processing precison 32 bit float

Can you please advise?

Many thanks,
Adam

Hello Martin,

I have the same issue: Groove Agent crashes Cubase when I load almost any kit.

GrooveAgent Version 5
The preset which caused the crash: Any
Audio System Setting
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR22mkII
Buffer size: 128 samples
Sample Rate:44.1kHz
ASIO Guard Settings: Input latency 6.78ms Output latency 7.755 ms, Asio guard latency 92.88ms, normal level, Processing precison 64 bit float

Can you please advise?

Many thanks,
Tim

Hi @AdamGyp, @Tteather,

Could you attach your crash dump files, please?

Could you try to use with Groove Agent 5.0.20, please?

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, please find it attached.

No, I haven’t downloaded Groove Agent 5.0.20 yet. Is it compatible with SE version?

Thanks,
Adam
Cubase Elements 9.5.50.345 64bit 2020.1.7 20.20.dmp (686 KB)

Hi,

Unfortunately this comes from Groove Agent 4. We are focused on Groove Agent 5 here.

Hello Martin,

Are there any forums for the issues with version 4?
Who could advise in this case?

Many thanks!
Adam