Correcting instrument names

And on the subject of the transposing instruments and their naming, I wonder how does it work with non-English transposition (Trompette en Mi-bemol, Hörner in H, etc.).

@Predrag
Fortunately you will soon have the opportunity to try the 30-day demo (out before the end of the month) and can check for yourself. Monitoring this Forum in the meantime, as you appear to be doing, is a wise way to prepare yourself to take advantage of the demo trial period when it starts. Congrats!

And as we know, demo is the most effective way of converting a curious observer into an active (paying) user.

And if LOT ends up paying compensation for this summer’s missed connecting flight (and long-delayed arrival at my final destination), I’ll have a perfect excuse for a nice Christmas gift for myself…! Should find out by mid-December…

I am discovering that instrument labelling is not perfect in french… and I wonder how I could correct that. Instead of Clarinet in A showing “Clarinette en la”, it shows “Clarinette dans la” (which would translate as Clarinet inside A, which is absolutely impossible). Is there a workaround to correct that, until we get proper french translation ?

Probably not, Marc, except to disable the display of transposition altogether via Layout Options and then editing the instruments’ names to include the correct translation.

Hello

I am also wondering if there is a workaround to spread an instrument name over multiple lines.
cfr. Solo Double Bass
Solo
Double Bass.

Thanks in advance

Hello

I am also wondering if there is a workaround to spread an instrument name over multiple lines.
cfr. Solo Double Bass
Solo
Double Bass

Thanks in advance

Not at the moment, I’m afraid, Pieter. You would have to add it using Shift+X text after setting the name to be empty in the Edit Names dialog (accessed by clicking on the name of the instrument in the expanded card for the player in question in the Players panel and choosing it from the context menu that appears).

Thank you for your quick response, Daniel!

Best regards

Pieter

Hello,

I am using Dorico Pro 2, and the player/instrument auto-numbering is still in this version, and I have not found a way to turn off.
Is there a way I could turn off the feature? or any workaround?

I want “Soprano 1” abbreviation to be “S1” not “S 1”, but I have not figured a way to achieve that.

Thanks.

Paolo

in the name field for abbreviation of Soprano change “S” to “ S”

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, but it still adds another space between “S” and “1”.
Now it becomes " S 1".

Found a workaround. Instead of adding two “Sopranos”, I add one “Soprano” and the other “Treble” (or anything else). Then, I change the abbreviations to “S1” and “S2”, respectively.