Corrupt Project File?

Recently a project I was working on started to crash when loading the main file. All the back-up files can be loaded no problem, however, I noticed that the main cpr file was 2.14 GB which is far beyond any project I’ve worked on (maximum of 11mb out of all projects). The back-up files are between 1-5 mb for comparison.

I’ve tried disabling 3rd party plugins and tried renaming the vst folder directories to prevent them loading, all with no success.

This has never happened before. Any help would be appreciated.

Here’s the crash log:
Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2020.8.28 21.55.36.731.dmp (666 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-31342

Could you please share the project for further investigation (you can send me the link via PM only). Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the attached files. As I can see, the CPR file is 5.5MB only, not 2.4GB.

But as far as I can see, you are using some Arturia plug-ins, right? There is an known issue in the current Arturia releases. The plug-ins store some data, which causes the project size increase.

I hope they will fix it soon. Please get in contact with them.

Hi again, yes there were quite a few instances of Arturia instruments and effects.
I am curious to know if the download for the main cpr file was 2.2gb, as it was for me, and the file path in my computer also says 2.2gb in my project file path. Is there a way I can access the 5.5mb version??

Thanks

Hi,

See attached the screenshot from the link you sent me via PM, please.

Sorry, that’s not the file I was referring to. The name of the file was “Everybody’s Famous” not “Everybodys Famous-01”.
I sent you another link directly to the file in question via PM, if you could double-check please.

The Google drive link should have allowed permission to all these files in the attached pic:

Regards - Joel

having similar issues!

Corrupted project / Cubase 11 / Crash Windows / No Crash Mac - Cubase - Steinberg Forums