Cubase 10.5 next week?

Yes, Cubase 10.5 next week.

THere’s an expected SPectralayers update as well now any time, maybe the site went down for that upload!!!

Tomorrow?

fake?

Lol, still using a CC121 in that picture. I’m calling fake. I do like that monitor though. Anyone know what it is?

Hard to tell since the pic is so small, but it looks like an LG 49WL95C-W 49 inch monitor - I love 'em so much I bought 2, one for the studio and one for the office. :sunglasses:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PJQKLTW

These are very recent, so maybe this guys just REALLY loves his CC121. :stuck_out_tongue:

I use my cc121 all the time. When my USB hub broke and I didn’t plug it in I was like a right handed guitar player trying to play with my left.
About time steinberg made a tablet app … the current one works but so much more potential there if they wanted.

If that image is genuine then video editing seems to be quite a feature! Lol
And those mixer channels on the left are coloured too, just noticed. Be quite cool if true.

I’m hoping the big rack of hardware means improved External FX support. I think Wavelab recently got some changes there so might make sense.

I use my CC121 all the time. Still a solid bit of kit but seems to be a bit on the old side for C10.5 promo shot!

That monitor looks amazing (a little over my budget probably), I’m using a 32" at the moment. Do you use more than one set of speakers? I’ve got Genelec 8250s’ and a pair of Yamaha MSp5’s, not sure a 49" screen is going to fit nicely inbetween without pushing both sets out too wide.

Yup, the width is so extreme I had to push my speakers too far apart, and I only use one set. I have a new studio desk on order, and new speaker stands that should help, but that is definitely a consideration of you are thinking of one of these crazy wide monitors (still, so nice to use :sunglasses: ).

Cubase 10.5 out tomorrow. :grin:

Thanks, I will polish my credit card and edit my signature asap.

[Removed]

If you want improvements and fixes then you update, if you want to sit on outdated software that’s your choice, not Steinbergs. Win 7 is 10 years old, time to move on and utilise newer frameworks. Debate has been done to death already, anyway.

A lot of people were complaining about HDPI not working properly, this is because of compatibility with Win 7…

Why is it that people always want the latest version of any software, but still stick to an ancient OS version? It doesn’t work like that. If you insist on using an old OS then you will need to accept the fact that you can only use old software on it.

Want the latest version? Then update your OS.

Windows 7 is dead. Real dead. Just like windows 8.
Cubase 10.5 on Windows 10 Pro rules.
Stop moaning…

Did you read the link someone else posted?

Steinberg are at least being transparent about this particular aspect of Cubase development. Windows 7 does not support newer technologies, it’s close to End Of Life as an OS. There’s literally nothing to complain about and calling it blackmail is just plain silly.

If what you have now works perfectly for you, then there’s no need to upgrade is there. If you want new stuff, then you will have to upgrade.

ultimately, those who remain on windows 7 are holding back development for the rest of us :slight_smile:
If you are happy with windows 7 and cubase 10 then nobody is forcing you to upgrade.

Not really true. The DAW is a tool. Use the tool that is reliable and works well. I always stay a few versions behind the OS and s/w versions. I only upgrade if I absolutely need the features being peddled or there is something unreliable and unstable in the application and the new version is confirmed to be more reliable and stable.