Cubase 10.5 Out Now

With the 30th anniversary of Cubase slowly coming to an end, we are happy to announce the release of Cubase 10.5, the latest version of our award-winning music production system that combines sophisticated audio/MIDI tools with pristine audio quality. There’s a lot to discover, with many new, powerful additions and an array of improvements to existing features.

Cubase Pro 10.5 and Cubase Artist 10.5 are now available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.

Cubase Elements 10.5 will soon be available.

Customers who have activated Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 or earlier versions since October 16, 2019, are or will be eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version, respectively.

That’s the official news part. Here are some additional details:

The following are improvements that didn’t made the cut for the highlight section, but that will surely be appreciated:

• Project Logical Editor Support for Folder Parts

• Automatic Project Activation removed

• Key Command Additions (without default key assignments)
o Acoustic Feedback on/off
o Snap on and Snap off
o Subtools of the Object Selection Tools
o Dedicated commands to access Range A or Range B of the Range Tool
o Glue (also available as a new command in the Edit menu)

• Improved selection menu for overlapping events

• Send level name in the automation lane includes the actual name of the send target

• Enter folder track name in “Add Track” window

• Preference for “click between locators activates cycle”

• Rename “Favorites” in MediaBay/MediaRack

• Various redesigned windows

The manual is already available:
steinberg help

There some know issue of course. Our support team has created knowledge base articles on some topics.

Steinberg Helpcenter

We also created a new feedback survey on Cubase 10.5. Your participation would be much appreciated and it helps us a lot to improve Cubase in your interest. Please take your time and check out Cubase 10.5 a couple of days and then let us know what you think. Also if you are considering not to update, please let us know why and what feature you are missing.

Cubase 10.5 Feedback Survey

Some last notes:

There will be a final Cubase 10 maintenance update as well. The release date is not set yet.

If you are still Windows 7, please be aware that Cubase 10.5 only supports Windows 10 (versions 1809 and 1903) as communicated in summer.

Improving the situation on HiDPI screens on Windows has a high priority at Steinberg. Unfortunately there are no perceivable improvements for the users in 10.5 yet.

How do you purchase it? Is is not showing up in the Steinberg Shop.

Regards :sunglasses:

When will there be a demo, for me to see if it still works on win7 ;-o

Still not in the shop but buying possible through various other pages that mention it for me…

Is it possible to save Folder Track presets rather than be limited to importing folder tracks from other projects?

Going to pass on this… this should have been a free upgrade !

For those who can´t find it, it´s available thru download assistant

Also hope that this is possible/ will be possible in a free update. Seems so backward the way it is implemented now.

OMG!!!

Snap On and Snap Off - I’ve been asking for this for years. Upgrading just for this… I’ve sure I’ll discover more :wink:

Thanks you Steinberg :slight_smile:

Has the issue of mouse fader movement in the mix console been fixed in 10.5??

Yes and the Import from project feature enhanced. Worth the upgrade for me if it works as promised

I know its not supported but will it install on win 7 or 8.1

Yay! I suspected it would be out around this time. It seems like a good practical update. I suggested the import from projects feature on the forums a long time ago. When you’re working on an album with a band or a singer or similar live instruments in each song, a lot of time is wasted saving presets and loading them back in. Recently in Cubase 10 even over the last 3 weeks I have been working on an album where I could have used that. I’ve been relying on Save Mixer Channels but that doesn’t work for Instrument Tracks. I’m hoping this works for Instrument tracks also. Keen to try it out.

Works fine on W7/64bit

I guess a gapless audio engine is unlikely to happen, despite being on the recent survey. As far as I know, Cubase is the only DAW that doesn’t now have this now.

I had a quick look at the manual and there’s no mention of Folders under the Track Presets section, only in the “Import Tracks from Project”

Thank you. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

How is this different from the Snap On/Off command we already had? Separate ones?

Both the gapless audio engine and muti-track warping are pretty highly requested/voted. Maybe they were harder to implement, or maybe they are saving them for Cubase 11. Historically speaking, .5 updates have not been too mind blowing but I think the Comp Tool came in 6.5 and that was mind blowing at the time.

I don’t see any mention of it in the highlights, in the new features section of the manual, or in the notes above.