Cubase 10.5 Out Now

I can not believe this one has not been fixed:

If you back up a project to a new folder, or prepare archive, sampler track file locations are not updated. ie. They are broken.

This means it is impossible to reliably back up your projects. I have dozens of projects which are broken because of this.

Steinberg has acknowledged this bug previously. I thought this would be a priority on the fix list.

:open_mouth:

Steve

Dedicated key commands as opposed to a toggle, which requires you to first look and check what the current state is. This will speed up work flow massively for me.

Does anyone know what the iPad app in all the promotional pics is? It doesnā€™t look like Cubasis or iC Pro?

This alone was worth the update fee.

Super excited about the new EQ dual track display features and a new delay. Iā€™ve wanted this type of delay for a long time. Thank you Steinberg.

wow!.. literally been waiting almost 20 years for this one!, this drives me crazy on a daily basis :slight_smile:

I Updated from 10 to 10.5 but when I start the program, it says that I donā€™t have a valid license. Isnā€™t 10.5 a free update for version 10 users?

No, only if you activated 10 after October 16th (I think thatā€™s the date).

Otherwise, the upgrade from 10 Pro to 10.5 Pro is Ā£51

just the first impression but quite some decent updates. especially Auto Tune 8 is working again! how come steinberg?! i thought that wouldnt be possibleā€¦ :wink: so thank you.

The survey was to recent to affect 10.5, it was in late summer when 10.5 was already settled and to biggest part implemented. The survey should be considered input for C11 and forward.

It ranked very high (topped the first of the two surveys) so maybe itā€™ll be prioritized for C11. Unless Steinberg prioritizes ā€œPlugin Sandboxingā€ higher, both these features should be a task for the Audio Engine team. And I suppose Steinberg would be glad to not get blamed for crashing plugins anymore (taking Cubase down with them). In the best of worlds, they will have time for both features, otherwise they need to choose for the next version.

Re-read the very first post slowly and thoroughlyā€¦

Hi there,

there are some hardware machines that are not supported from CB 10.5, such as my CC121, that is planned to be released in march 2020.
Does this mean that I cannot use it anymore, and shall I need to wait march 2020 to purchase/install this new version?
Many thanks
m

I like the LUFS normalizer.
On question, there is no padshop2 pro version any more? So no need to update padshop pro to padshop2?

Wasnā€™t that an update planned only for OSX Catalina users? AFAIK, CC121 should work just fine with Cubase 10.5.

I am very interested in this one, too. Can anyone check, if this has been addressed in 10.5 release?

Project Logical Editor Support for Folder Parts

What does this mean?

Thank you Steinberg. :wink:

CB Pro 10.5 installed and running without issue.

Regards :sunglasses:

[Removed]

Ok cheers Steve. Yea know what you mean as I often toggle off and on a few times to find out the current state.

Thank you!

I reward Steinberg with buying the upgrade and a new 10.5 copyā€¦ Merry Chistmas/Hollidays/Happy New Year! :smiley:

I think they did read it. He said updated not upgraded.