Cubase 10 release date.

It’s in a few stores already, and available at the Steinberg site saying
AVAILABLE SOON

The file size for Pro 9.5 is 12 GB. The file size for Pro 10 is 21.09 GB.

As you say, Hmmmm

I’m guessing that indicates a big bump in content since new/improved features (i.e. code) doesn’t typically require much disk space. Hopefully there is a similar bump in capabilities.

Some one has to do it. No need to call us names (mugs)… I’d hate to think how much longer we’d have to wait and how much more it would cost if they had the beta testing bug busting team they needed.

WTF did you do with my contextual menu? that’s sabotage not an update. Also Loop selection and other functions gone. Have your head checked? I dont need or want to be overwhelmed by any update but that’s the first time ever i feel really disgruntled and alienated. I’m sorry no congrats from me.

Was I right or was I right?

:smiley: Now onward to testing!!

What context menu? whats missing? I haven´t downloaded it. Do tell please!

Maybe the size difference is because they packed all the content within the same installer. If memory doesn´t fail me, Cubase 9 pro installer’s size + HSSE content DVD is around the same size as Cubase 10’s size.

I remember some customers having issues with missing HSSE presets with Cubase 9 because they didn´t download the content DVD.

So if you have one big package, people don´t get confused with extra installers. Simple and easy.

Maybe thats it.

The right click menu, as you may have noticed by now, behaves completely different. I have to come up with a new workflow instead of enhancing what i already had, like the possibility of customizing it. I’m furious and very confused with this update. Im not going to jump ship after more than 20 years with Steinberg but i feel betrayed. I’m really considering uninstalling it and keep with 9.5, at least they got it right that time and still far better than any others, even C10.

You don’t need to uninstall 10 to use 9.5. You can jump back and forth as you like.

Too much junk i dont ever use, like the libraries of loops, samples, midi, etc.

Which right click menu are you talking about?
How is it different?

I havent had the time to test drive Cubase 10.

The contextual menu, i need not much things, a very simple setup, if things are moved around or are not there, it doesnt feel like an upgrade but a downgrade.