Cubase 11.0.40 maintenance update

hello, I try not to be negative and always be in favor of Steinberg, but something I can’t believe is that after 3 months, not counting the previous ones; hard work of its programmers, etc, etc now come with 14 corrections in a maintenance update, and some that are even funny … well and then people who do not want / can update will have to eat the errors. … anyway Steinberg, thanks anyway for bothering … see you on the V12, again …

4 Likes

Different track actions, such as duplicating or disabling/enabling tracks, no longer causes Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol to lose sync.

That one seemed pretty serious judging from the number of threads on the internets…

1 Like

After a minor delay in installation due to dowloading twice (because the Download manager doesn’t have two separate entries, one for the ex-current version and one for the update), I took a quick look.

• At last, two lines for names in the mixer, and the text changes size depending on zoom. Nice!
  • Halfway there with assignment of multiple track pictures, I wish it would work in the project window as well.
  • Good that Komplete Kontrol got a solution. I don’t have komplete, but I imagine how tough it would be for those that have it.
  • Very good that broadcast wave is back in action.

And… that’s all. I am abashed to say I expected somewhat more. Forgive me for speaking my mind. I appreciate the solutions offered in this update, I really do, but I wish the top priority ones (broadcast wave, komplete kontrol) were tackled sooner, and the least important ones were many many more.

3 Likes

No mention of any fix for ARA with Melodyne, which makes Melodyne extremely unreliable in Cubase now and for the last 6 months or so. Save a song, open it: often Melodyne loads with an error saying edits have been corrupted. Celemony say it’s the host at fault. Steinberg say nothing. Tested with Presonus Studio One and Magix Samplitude where it works correctly. P.S. Bouncing and rendering in place is NOT a solution. Users want to edit, save, open and be able to adjust existing edits. That’s what computers are supposed to do.

3 Likes

Same here… For me, the obvious positive point is the two lines names in the mixer : it really was time. Beside this, as I use neither Komplete, nor the track pictures…

Meanwhile, the ‘pinnable’ state of the Instrument section of the Instrument track, in which there are things as useless as audio inserts, sends and fader, has simply been deactivated : a true fix is probably on hold for better days… :roll_eyes: Will Steinberg finally acknowledge that the workflow, including these kinds of issues, is an essential part of a ‘DAW’ use ?

At the end, three months since 11.0.30 with not much more offered. So, I voted dissatisfied again, sorry… :slightly_frowning_face:

EDIT : … and I don’t know how I ended with an ‘OK’ vote instead. But I gave up trying to point to all the forum related pitfalls. Seems that the team driving it is satisfied of its work, so be it…

1 Like

Very true. I started listing some things for reference, but here is not the right place, plus they’re so many.

Great ! Obviously, there is a lot of work. Hope that you’ll be able to get a more or less exhaustive inventory. :upside_down_face:

I tested this function does not work!
“It is now possible to add track images to multiple selected tracks at once, by pressing the Shift key and double-clicking one of the selected tracks.”

Indeed, there is something wrong with Cubase 11.0.40 shown as installed upon launching the Steinberg Download Assistant. I had this too and I have forwarded this issue to my colleagues in charge.

We intend to show all available products and all installed products, but we are not quite there yet.
The installation instruction PDF has been added to let customers know which components have been updated since the last maintenance update. This time, it is the application itself only.

3 Likes

hello, no solution given to the cubase crash under osx when a project was created on PC?

The “mouse pointer doesn’t follow tool 1 selection” bug is still not fixed. Should be a pretty damn easy fix?

Great,
Cubase no longer wants to open … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
message “Skin file” skin not found! " :disappointed_relieved:
Help please

if someone get problems downloading update with SDM, try download from site directly

HiDPi, never fixed.
Steinberg, it’s been almost a year! Just tell me honestly, how long to wait?

4 Likes

According to this post, it won’t be fixed before Cubase 12.

Sad! Sad! Sad!

1 Like

Yes.very Sad.I hope Steinberg fixes it fast.

I can say more - it will be NOT fixed in Cubase 12 as well :frowning:

They can’t fixed it about 3 years…

re-install, please.