Cubase 11.0.40 maintenance update

Same over here. Just ignoring that and making it "re-"install will get the maintenance update installed properly.

Already reinstalled, same result

uninstall everything, and then erase all traces of Steinberg. from hidden folders on windows system etc. Save your preferences folder first, whatever you need to save.

… and then install Studio One! Just kidding :rofl:

5 Likes

I reinstalled version 11.0.30 , and it’s ok
I will wait for V. 11.0.50 :smirk: …
Thank you for your interest in my problem.
But I see that a lot of people have the same concerns

1 Like

don’t wait, the next release will already be C11.5
We all have problems, we have to help each other!

2 Likes

The 2 lines was already a feature in a version around 10 or 10.5 (I don’t recall exactly), but then mysteriously disappeared after one update. So basically it’s a feature that’s returned, not brand new. But it’s good that it’s back.

Wasn’t that fixed in the 11.0.30 update?

Many thanks for the solution! Quite a lot of work for a .0.xx update though…

1 Like

Same problem here. Only Cubase 11 listed under “My Products”. I have a lot of Steinberg product, inkluding e.g. Dorico. What happened??

I also have the same problem. Cubase 11 is the only product listed under “My Products”. I have several Steinberg product, inkluding e.g. Dorico. What happened??

But do you have any other products listed under “My products” after the upgrade? All other products are gone!!

I was able to install 11.0.40 and so far it is working good. I’ll report anything I find. I had installed 11.0.10 prior to this release. For what it’s worth, I’m on a MacBook Pro i9 16G ram.

The problem with “My products” has been there prior to this release. I guess I never paid much attention to it.

In my infinite wisdom :roll_eyes: I did a long overdue Window 10 update a few days before I did the Cubase 11 Pro update yesterday.

At this stage I’m not going to say the Cubase update was a fizzer but since the update Cubase only wants to play the same short “stab” notes with lots of ping pong delay regardless of how many instruments and articulations I choose. This applies to both Steinberg and 3rd party VSTs.

I’ve never had a bad update from Steinberg so I’m not going to throw stones …yet. My “gut” feeling from several decades in IT suggests that the Windows 10 update is at fault.

Fortunately I have a long weekend starting tomorrow and beer in the fridge so I intend to find where the gremlins are hiding and exterminate them.

To quote that Austrian fellow…

“I’ll be Back” :sunglasses:

Quick and painless…so far.

Good luck getting anyone from Steinberg to even acknowledge the issues. I stopped at Pro 9 and am refusing to upgrade until they do.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cubase 11.0.40 Crash at startup

same Problem here, now I have according to SDM only Cubase AI and Wavelab LE
CubasePro in all versions, Absolute2+3+4 and dozen of soundpacks are gone :flushed:
what´s going on here @Matthias_Quellmann @Ed_Doll ?

fortunately Cubase 11.0.30 started, haven´t checked all the other stuff

but I´m unsure how to install the new update? in the SDM everything is shown to “recommended” :flushed:

The Steinberg Download Assistant is by no means a replacement for a complete license overview. For that, you will still have to use either the eLicenser Control Center or your MySteinberg account.

If one or more products are not listed, that doesn’t mean that anything is lost. It’s just that you have to pick the download manually from within the Steinberg Download Assistant (or if it is an older release not featured in the Steinberg Download Assistant, from the website) as before.

For Cubase Pro 11.0.40, you only need to install the application itself as described in the installation instruction PDF.

1 Like

Thank you @Ed_Doll
That it is not a replacement, of course, is clear to me. Nevertheless, it is frightening that a forced use of the software displays totally wrong information! What’s the point of logging into the account, i.e. switching to the website, if the SDM doesn’t show what belongs to the account?
How are users supposed to get an overview of what has been updated? Not every user sits on the internet 24/7 and looks to see what’s new. You don’t do newsletters for that either, only for interviews and sales… So SDM must have some use, but apparently not at the moment, I think.
Hope that gets better in the near future instead of worser as in the moment. :pray:

regards
The Sarge!

1 Like