Cubase 11.0.40 maintenance update

Download it, but did not had any time to use it yet. Cubase 11.0.30 was already pretty stable on Apple M1 except a few crashes because of 2-3 third party plugin manufacturers. Personally can’t wait for the native M1 version with no dongle!!!

Hi,
I would expect to have all my product purchases listed up under “My products”, but “Cubase Pro 11 Update” is the only one there. Why is all my products not listed? Isn’t that a natural expectation to have? I have Dorico 3.5, Halion 6, Groove agent 5 and a lot of sounds/loops.

2 Likes

Very satisified! not sure people sometimes gauge the work that it is to provide that amount of fixes in a patch like they just did.

I am a musician & a developer too, and as such is certainly very respectful and grateful of that great maintenance update.

It is working great here, thanks for the hard work Steinberg!

3 Likes

That My Products tab is a brand new and much requested element in the Download Assistant. Clearly they haven’t got it all sorted out yet, but I’m sure they will. A month ago that tab didn’t exist. The Download Assistant can still be used exactly like you would have used it a month ago. Just ignore the tab until they get it working right. You can still download anything you own.

2 Likes

You can "un"pin them. Just click/tap on the pin …

I’m very pleased with this version. Been working with it all night and its been really great. I think think they did a fine job of fixing things and not putting in new features. At least on my Macbook Pro i9 running Catalina 10.15.7.

They even can’t manage it that a download manager can download a simple Cubase exe file without cryptic java exceptions and errors.
I had to use the direct download link.

2 Likes

I have the same problem! I have absolute 3 instead of 4 and many missing products!

that I ask myself every time when I find something here by accident
:roll_eyes:

BTW, I’m sure I’ve read that the dongle will remain - nothing changes there, if you wish. All existing product will continue to work for you, exactly as it does now. The new licensing system is being designed to bring further options to choose from, as to how they’re used.

Moving forward, all new product releases will adopt the new system by default.

Yes - good points; maybe a phased roll-out will be wise… :wink: In which case, I’d take a guess at Dorico being first out the door…

Took about three yearsbut hey…it’s fixed now​:wink::wink::wink:

BTW, I’m sure I’ve read that the dongle will remain - nothing changes there

Really? I have read that the dongle will disappear.
Specifically, Daniel @ Dorico team wrote this:

Yeah, I saw that too - hmm, now you’ve got me thinking.!

I originally read it as no new products will be able to be ‘written’ to the USB eLicenser. However, you can (will be able to) still use it for all existing licenses already on there… Maybe I’ve not got my head round it properly… ah well, all will be revealed soon.! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Das Update Cubase 11.0.40 ist nicht gelungen. Die Melodyne-Plots muss ich jetzt mit der
Lupe suchen oder x-fach vergrößern. Was soll das?
MfG
Ralf Brandt

1 Like

It makes me laugh cause on cubase 10.50 my trackpad worked perfectly. On cubase 11, a bug that made the trackpad and scrolling to be inverted staid there for 9 months and was finally fixed with this update. Now it seems again like a bug cause I was kindly used with the inverted mode.

2 Likes

+1
Now I also need a magnifying glass to work with Melodyne ARA. Or to loose time trying enlarge the view.
@Matthias_Quellmann this need an immediate fix!!

@Ralf_Brandt & @Arionas1
See: Cubase 11.0.40 and Melodyne 5 ARA display issue - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

thanks

What problem(s) are you having? I’m able to run external EFX without any problems. In fact, the operation seems pretty simple and quite solid. ??