Cubase 11.0.40 maintenance update

OMG! It’s actually happened!!

The Long track names do not auto line-break and wrap to 2 lines in the mixer on Windows 10 issue has been FIXED!!!

Thank you so very, very much Steinberg.

2 Likes

it is the fruit of 3 months of work … steinberg really has me very disappointed

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they are working hard on the next major version for the annual (November) release.

At least they took the time to do another update before this expected release. A kinda small update is better than no update.

2 Likes

So not only none of any reported bugs were solved but now scrolling up in the panner zone of the mix console with the mouse wheel increases left side instead of right :crazy_face:

Thank you very much for restoring the naming window to 2 lanes in the mixer !

1 Like

It was stated that in the 11.0.30 update the project cursor thin black line issue was solved. It’s in the release notes. Ongoing since version 10! I tested it with a trial and it most certainly was not solved. Zooming in and swiping to position the project cursor changes it to thin grey or even thinner almost invisible black. It’ like writing a book with a pen that will not write. So… does anyone know if this is fixed in this 0.40 release…

3 Likes

I am totally sure of that, I just put my discontent. I will continue to support Cubase always with respect, but there are many things to solve, some more important than others.There are things that were said that would be resolved in the next update … well, it has not been like that …

1 Like

instead that annual releasing they should change to release when finished instead of repeating beta-versions by them called release-version
but, no, couldn´t happen because Y seem not to allow it - the same sh!t as in every business which was bought by so called “big players”! can´t stop puking about this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes - though remember, this will have been alongside the huge amount of work going on to bring about the new licensing system. It has to have impacted on all previously scheduled tasks, so perhaps this next release will not be as grand (in content/new features) as they would normally have liked.

Just throwing in my doubts: I wonder if the “new licensing” will yet come? It was not clearly said that with the new major Cubase/Nuendo release it will be coming. So I’d not be surprised if the current eLicenser model will continue for a while, still, until they managed to make any new solution rock solid (dreaming).

1 Like

Humble question: why is this announcement not posted in the “Announcement” forum section? Furthermore, why didn’t I get an email about the release to my email address which is registered with my Steinberg account?

1 Like

That has annoyed me for years, especially as they had it in an update (10?) and on the next maintenance fix it was gone!! Happy for this.

1 Like

Actually, there is also an announcement about the update in that forum. :wink:

Yes, the new licensing must have taken a lot of resources. Not only from the Cubase team, I read parts of the Dorico team have been involved in this, and who knows who else.

On the other hand, skipping the dongle is a major feature itself in terms of usability and mobility for some types of Cubase users (like laptop users, travelers and so on).

Don’t know if the new licensing is ready at the next release, but it has taken resources working on it anyway.

Edit: - - - deleted - - -

There’s also no announcement for WaveLab 11 in Announcements.

It’s not? For me it’s visible with “all-tags” selected. There are quite a few pinned topics, though, that precede the unpinned ones, like the Cubase announcement.
WaveLab 11 has indeed not been announced there yet.

There is no excuse, Steinberg is not a small company, and we are not starting the Covid era, they have 4 programmers to do everything? current version of Cubase, Nuendo, Dorico, Cubasis, halion, libraries, in addition to the new products that will come … I don’t know, I’m not convinced. They will tell me that Cubase is a very complex DAW, blah, blah (which I have more than assumed and admit), I don’t mind paying, I don’t mind waiting but, as a consumer, I demand that things be done as well as possible. In my case, for what I use Cubase it satisfies me, there are things that I can live with, but I put myself in the shoes of those users whose favorite software is full of errors that at the time have been good, and now they are not …in short, getting angry leads nowhere. so to continue enjoying this wonderful software (and it is not ironic, of course I will continue using cubase)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cubase 11.0.40 and Melodyne 5 ARA display issue

Yes, you’re right.
I found it, needed to scroll down several screens, so many pinned topics above…

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I don’t have Dorico, but Wavelab 9.5 & Halion 6 are still showing, under their corresponding Drop-Down menus here, yes.
Nothing seems to have vanished.
Sorry if I mis-understood the question …?