Cubase 11.5 come out, come out, wherever you arešŸ˜‰

Point taken.

But when large Cubase Projects grind to a halt due to performance meters in the red, that limits creativity.

I know itā€™s a kind of creativity to solve the problem with less demanding instruments, freezing, rendering etc.

But I love my Uhe, Spectrasonics and Waves productsā€¦ They are apple-silicon-native, and I need a DAW that will host them.

Sarcasm???
What I think why it doesnā€™t work with the zooming is that the intervention would be so dramatic that it can lead to a chain reaction so in worst case with an associated key and MW combination a meltdown of the PC can no longer be preventedā€¦
So I thank Steinberg in advance that they prevent that I scrapped my pc :pray:

I think the best thing for Cubase M1 edition - would be the lack of fan noise.

I ran some installations on my M1 Pro Max yesterday after picking it up - and even at extended time 50% CPU load - no fan noise at all.

2nd best of course would be potential performance gains. My DaVinci Resolve 17.4 runs like on steroids on the M1PMax.

I have not tried yet - but the M1ā€™s are supposed to run some iPad/iPhone appā€™s - I wonder if you could run some of the iPad softsynthā€™s and feed them to Cubase? One can dreamā€¦

Wow that sounds great. How are the fans with like 90 percent cpu use as opposed to 50?

Does this mean it works ok with Monterrey?

Cubase - I have not tried yet on Monterrey

DaVinci Resolve - yes v17.4 works and is optimised for M1 Pro and M1 Pro Max.

And I have not been able to load above 50% yet but I have a video project to load to check with a lot of colour correction and motion

But my old MBP 16" i9 - with CPU > 9% fanā€™s would start - so it was a constant battle to keep CPU as low as possible. (My ThinkPad Workstations P52/P1 Extreme are not any better noise wise)

With the M1 16" - so far still have not heard a fan. And while some complain about the screen - I watched a bit of ā€œFoundationā€ last night - and the screen looks great - so many details show up.

For me the contrast is the most important - as due to age - sight is failing. And the 16" screen has much better contrast than my old 16" I9.

Thanks for the info of your usage. I would be very interested to hear more if you ever get a chance to either test on Monterrey or push cpu close to max to hear how that affects the fans.

Cubase works on Macos Monterey just like in Big Sur on M1! Iā€™ve instaled the Os yesterday and today worked on 2 projects

1 Like

Great thanks for the heads up. Do you use a lot of different plugins NI isotope etc etc? And they all worked ok ?

I use Komplete, Kontakt, Replika & Raum. From izotope I use relay. Also some waves plugins, slate digital & Arturia. The only one that crashed cubase was Sonible entropy eq, smart eq3 worked! Youlean Loudness Meter works alsoā€¦ thatā€™s what Iā€™ve tested until now

1 Like

Awesome sounds good

1 Like

No. no .no.

we do NOT need more instruments & FX, and especially not more useless GUI updates. Most people serious about audio already own more than enough third party tools to handle this. This has been the majority of what has already been added in the past few updates. Anyone who owns Pro Q3 has no use for Frequency 2. Anyone who owns Timeless 3 or Valhalla delay already have better sounding delays than cubase multi tap etc.

what we need are workflow enhancements, like macros that can have multiple parameters (both native & third party) assigned to them to replace the dated quick controls & native modulators like LFOs & envelopes that can be assigned to anything within a project to replace the even more dated MIDI inserts, native crossover options for multiband splitting of channels etc.

If any new instrument is added, it needs to be an FM synth. Steinberg currently have no FM synthesis capability within any of their apps. I would expect this more likely to be an addition to Halion 7, but it is a pretty gaping void in the Steinberg lineup & most other modern DAWs have at least a basic 4 operator FM synth as a native VSTi.

3 Likes

What do we want? Bells and Whistles! When do we want them? Now!

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

With Logic 10.7 now supporting native Dolby Atmos and Spatial Audio. Iā€™m REALLY hoping that the next Cubase-update will do the same.

My guess is that all major DAWs will include this in a near future.

Do you believe we will see Cubase supporting this in the next update?

Everyoneā€™s requirements for a daw are different. Just because you have all of fab filters plugins doesnā€™t mean other users do. Particularly brand new users. Of which steinberg need in order to continue generating revenue to be able to produce the improvements and refinements that you are asking for.

For someone new to production cubase is an incredible all in the box solution with fantastic plugins, meaning that new users wonā€™t need to spend hundreds more on fabfilter etc.

Having said that I agree, steinberg would do well to improve and refine workflow, stability and bugs. Though they do need to innovate too or new users may gravitate towards the competition instead and that isnā€™t good for business. Itā€™s a careful balance. No business means no resources to make your requested improvements.

The next update is likely out in a week or two. I would be very surprised if it has Dolby Atmos functionality in it.

Iā€™m hoping for multitrack freewarp. Wavelab seems to have got it so hereā€™s hoping.

Could be the case. But if Apple can scout the future, so can Steinberg? The rumor about Logic implementing Atmos has been out there for months.

Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed. :innocent:

With the Christmas season approaching, Iā€™d rather have more bells than whistles.

True but experience has shown that steinberg are not the quickest off the mark, to say the least, when it comes to implimenting significant new innovation, other than their original VST, many many moons ago.