Cubase 11 Pro and HDPi

Hello. Is it ok that I see these small lines? Or does it a bug? I have the last drivers of my video card… I have HDPI monitor and in original size and +25 I see these lines and when I add +50 in Cubase all is ok once again… but looks so blurry especially audio wave forms… and when I disabled HDPI option all is good but of course all in the pixels… I am on Window 10 and have 150% Windows as reccomendate for 4K Displays. When I put Windows display to 100% ( All looks so small, but Cubase graphic is perfect but it is not possible to work in this small display). Also I see these lines on some knobs as well and some of knobs looks not perfect too. Just can’t attach some pictures because I am the new here… Thoughts?

I just can confirm the same behaviour if I switch the 150% (recommended) in Windows settings. So I am sure this is 100% replicable for any W10 user.

1 Like

Is it ok for Steinberg?

Or maybe this Blurry design?

Honestly I am really confused about Steinberg support. I am also the owner of Ableton. And I must say that they support the team much better. They always reply to me. And it was faster. “To get the quick support - register your product”/ It’s a Steinberg phrase. WHere is the quick support? " I wrote to Steinberg and got no answer. So strange. I bought the product and it has interface bugs. Really? How did they test it on Windows? And no comments, no answers… nothing…
To be honest, I am starting to regret buying this product.

I think there are some more issues with HDPi. In the ‘Drop down menu’ of the accord track some tracks are missing.

No words honestly…

I see the lines on the buttons, too.

The most egregious HDPi issue seems to be using the Spectral Layers editor from within Cubase 11 Pro with HDPi active for only one monitor. The UI becomes unusable as if some affine transform of the screen coordinates has gone horribly wrong such that where you click is not where the pointer actually is. The drawing of the UI also just goes bonkers where drawing happens into seemingly random and unrelated UI components.

Minimizing and then restoring the window along with detaching the Spectral Layers editor sort-of helps, but the contents of the window are drawn incorrectly.

The Spectral Layers feature is essentially unusable under this HDPi situation.

1 Like

Omg. How can Steinberg release this product? Come one. Version 11 is near the one year on the market…

This is exactly what I’m thinking. It’s been over a year and still these problems with High DPI. I keep waiting for the next version to see that all runs smooth, but every new version brings new problems.

I’m working on C10.5 which runs super smooth (except the plugin resize option that only 11 has, it should be on every version).
It’d be really embarrasing if I have to pay for the 11.5 to get the fix, which I’m not going to.
I’m hoping for a new patch as soon as possible.

Not seeing that here in any version

Come one! So many Windows users told about the problems in HDPI! Last night I was trying to unmix the vocal with Spectralayers. And it crash my interface in HDPI mode at all. When I switched off HDPi mode it works… Steinberg, come one! You TAKE MONEY for THAT!
Probably it was a big mistake that I bought Cubase in this summer :frowning:

Could you please explain exactly what you mean by HDPI? HDPI is an Android technical specification - part of their LDPI, MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI, XXHDPI spectrum of screen-size pixel density configurations.

Windows doesn’t have anything called HDPI. Is 2013 they came out with a specification called high-DPI, which was shortened to Hi-DPI, but that only species the PPI of a display, not its screen resolution. The original “High DPI” specification was only 120-144 PPI. The other problem with the High-DPI standard is that it conflated dots-per-inch - a spec from the printer world, with pixels-per-inch. And this further confused end-users because monitors have their own native PPI which may or may not be related to the pixel-resolution sent over from the video card.

In other words you could have a 2K display, a 4K display or a 6K display all with the same PPI depending on your screen-size and display settings.

I’m new here so I can’t post links, but do a Google search for "How to adjust high-DPI scaling in Windows 10 ", not for the “how to” part, but because Digital Trends gives a great discussion of the history of the terminology and problems that older applications (Cubase, maybe?) have in adapting to modern displays.

So back to this bug: What video card, what resolution settings, and what monitor are you seeing this on? In other words, how exactly should we reproduce this?

Check my post. Windows 10, Nvidia video card. I have 4 k monitor. And have these problems. By the comments of other people in this topic you will see, that I am not only the one. When I post about these problems to Steinberg they told me that they know about this issue…

In other simple words - Cubase is not fully optimised fo 4k Displays on Windows. And nobody knows when they will fixed it :frowning:

I understand that, but what are your settings? And what’s the native size and resolution of the monitor? For example, I have an NVidia Quadro RTX 4000 outputting to a Dell U3219Q at 3840 x 2160 pixels at 60Hz. My driver is 461.09, which is a little out of date.

Have you updated your driver?

Have you contacted Cubase/Steinberg tech support? I’m new here because I’m trying to decide whether to buy Cubase so I’m using your situation as a test case for Cubase’s responsiveness. :grinning:

I told you before that contacted them and nothing. I have the standard for 4k - 3840 x 2160 pixels and 60 hz as well. LG display. Download trial version and test it. Let me know after

CONFIRMED! The Spectral Layers feature is essentially unusable under this HDPi situation.

Actually what you said is “When I post about these problems to Steinberg they told me that they know about this issue…

So which is it and what exactly did they say?

Also @Steve (moderator) . . . if I buy the full, paid Pro version of Cubase what sort of support response should I expect? Alexander_D does not seem to be getting any support for his issue. Is that what I can expect if I buy Cubase?

Right, they know it. After that I sent my reply to them. It was 13th August. And still nothing… My first e-mail to Steinberg was 16th July. And I got just two e-mails from them till this day. After Ableton support its strange for me…

This is what Steinberg defines it as: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360001589520-Cubase-10-HiDPI-support-on-Windows-10

Please stay on topic in this thread.