Cubase 11 Pro and HDPi

I suggested earlier that maybe he meant HiDPI (the 2013 Windows standard) but there was no response. He was saying HDPI, which is an existing standard, but it’s not HiDPI. You may be right that he was misspelling HiDPI but since I’m new to Cubase I would have no way to make that presumption.

How are we getting off topic? I’m trying to understand the nature of Alexander’s technical problem to see if I can reproduce it, and the nature of his (lack of-) support from Cubase problem so I can anticipate whether I might face similar problems if I buy the product. Both of those seem completely on-topic.

Well. It was about Cubase 10. It was about 2 years ago (soon will be 3 years)! And we still have the graphic problems…

This one has been fixed in Cubase 12

1 Like

It’s sounds good, but I just purchased Cubase pro 11 and in this way I need to pay for 12 to use Cubase without Steinberg issues? Honestly it’s strange for me :frowning:

2 Likes

I understand that this is bad news. In order to improve the compatibility of our software with HiDPI we need to deeply revamp certain parts of the DAW. Some changes and fixes are unfortunately not portable to previous versions.

1 Like

I understand you. But I don’t see on the Steinberg web when I purchase Cubase any information about these issues. And I purchased it. And what I have now… To work without graphic issues I need to pay again and can’t work in 11. It’s really strange… It’s not clean regarding your costumers, really… And support via e-mail also don’t reply… Feel so strange…

3 Likes

I would like to point out one thing- that before paying for an update, Steinberg gives the opportunity to test the software for a month. This costs nothing for an owner of a previous version of Cubase Pro or Artist.

I’m not saying your complaint isn’t valid, but this is one of the reasons they offer the trial, and as a consumer myself, I don’t expect any software to be 100% bug-free, this is not a realistic expectation. I also enjoy supporting the developers I like (not just Steinberg) so I will update to the latest version eventually of any software I use in my work.

So, for me, the idea that I would have to pay for a bug fix isn’t really a consideration-- I’ll update anyway, and I want the company to be profitable so I can continue using the software.

If I really have a problem with a company, no matter what they make, or what service they provide, I stop buying their products or services.

2 Likes

All right. You are the moderator here and you are on the Steinberg side. If you think that if support team don’t reply for the costumers e-mail in 3 weeks is a good… you are right it’s your choice… It’s not the normal situation

2 Likes

Please, I only spoke about one thing, the fact that bugs are present in a program, not about delayed support replies.

So to be clear about what I’m saying, you had the possibility to insure yourself against disappointment by testing the program before purchasing, and you didn’t.

Anyway, I’m stating my opinion. No one has prevented you from stating yours, and I encourage you to continue to do so.

Yes, it was my mistake to trust Steinberg. HDPi mode was introduced in Cubase 10 I think. And I really don’t think that after 2 years it will be with these many issues… It was my mistake that I trust Steinberg, you are right…

2 Likes

Feel free to continue to misconstrue what I have said.

I understand what you are mean. Really. And agree with you that it was my mistake.

2 Likes

Can I ask? In the next version of Cubase will be fixed all these mentioned issues included the blurry effect?

2 Likes

Does “This one will has been fixed in Cubase 12” mean that just the original issue (graphical “white lines” anomaly) will be fixed? Or that Spectral Layers + HiDPI will be fixed, too?

OP’s bug will likely not be fixed by the first version of Cubase 12

Sorry, but what does mean ‘OP’s bug’?

OP= Original Post, Cubase 11 Pro and HDPi

Omg… :frowning:

Does we have the chances to see the fix in the future? :frowning:

1 Like

In the future yes. Hopefully next year but unfortunately that is beyond my own decision and capacity to promise more.