Cubase 11 Pro crashes/freeze after closing project

Hi, when I close my project, cubase freeze and don’t respond anymore. I have to use taskmanager to close the program. Is that a known issue?

I’m using windows 10 .

Hi,

Do you use Cubase 11? This issue have some users with Cubase 12.

First, please make sure, all your plug-ins are up to date, same as your Cubase.

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo11

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

1 Like

Hi I do have DMP files. Where can I sent it to?

Hi,

As mentioned already:

Downloadlink
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e5ee033121db7de77f569cb3d210587220220425183938/9c944658f1dfd063bb0f2cedd427006020220425183938/3d42db

Hi,

All the crashes are graphic related. What graphic card do you use, please? Do you use the latest driver, please?

hi m8 i have this problem also, a lot.

Like Martin said, this could be graphics related.
All plugins with one of those ‘live tracking waveforms’ where you can see a scrolling waveform (like most clippers have these days) have this close-crash-problem, in my case.
Also, very heavy plugins also cause Cubase to ‘choke’ when closing down on my system.
Even deleting super heavy effect chain filled tracks before closing crash Cubase.
Im using a LOT of super heavy 3rd party plugins and i use a lot of 3rd party VSTi’s at the same time, so its all pretty heavy stuff for my pc.

Im used to it, for me its the price i pay for really pushing my system (my AMD 5950x is always maxed out to glitching when im at the mastering stage)

Just make sure you save under different projects names like My Big Hit 001, My Big Hit 002, My Big Hit 003 so you can always go back in case a project gets corrupt.
And make sure to close Cubase and reopen when doing stuff like preferences, workspace, key commands, so basically everything that gets stored when normally closing Cubase.
When Cubase crashed during closing, a lot of times those setting changes dont get saved.

hope this helps, a bit :wink:

Thankm you Martin and WK1.

My driver is NVidea GeForce GT730

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

I had this issue : close cubase = freeze, it was resolved by run cubase in administrator mode on windows

1 Like

Hi,

Is it still the case with the latest Cubase 12.0.20 and the latest Steinberg Activation Manager, please?

yes but I fixed it by run Cubase in admin mode (it’s an option into tab compatibility in the properties of the icon of cubase on windows desk)

Hi,

This is not recommended setup. There are some issues when running Cubase as administrator. In other thread, a user didn’t see the results in the MediaBay Rack, when running Cubase as administrator (for example).

Could you try to reinstall Cubase and install it as administrator and then run it as standard user, please?

Hi Martin, thanks for the advice. I did run the setup as discribed and I hope the problem with the graphic card is gone.

BTW, when starting up the computer now I see a message “couln nod find the NVIDIA control panel” .
Do I have to install it seperately?

GRTZ Mario

Ok I’ll try asap

Do you mean uninstall cubase 12 and reinstall with download manager in mode administrator ?

I just have uninstalled and reinstall Cubase with admin mode but run without admin mode but the issue at exit from cubase is here = freeze of cubase.

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

windows 11

I didn’t know cub 12 was supported on wins 11. I am still on wins 10 (comfortably working) as I know from exp it takes a while for so many 3rd parties software companys to update to new Windows versions…
Does everything run ok? Apart from the obvious ones you’ve mentioned.