Cubase 12.0.10 - performance issues

Hi,
I was following the other thread, which was closed. I guess it was very long.
Thanks for the link to this one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve just made the leap from Cubase Pro V11 to V12 and its spikes like crazy!
After trying various tweaks nothing improved it, so I decided to do Ctrl, Alt, Shift and start Cubase using the temporary reset - I didnā€™t want to permanently lose all my settings, this is a great troubleshooting option.

So, hereā€™s the thing. The spikes went away!
It turns out (for me at least) that the control room is the cause.
As soon as I enable Control Room the spikes are back. I loaded up a session and used it with the control room disabled and it was very stable.
Hope you can fix this soon because the control room plays a big part in my setup.
The good thing is I can carry on working for now without it.

Cheers!

Mark :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For those on Windows 10/11, I COMPLETELY disabled Windows Defender using this software called ā€œDefender Controlā€. Nope, donā€™t just add programs to the WD whitelist - that doesnā€™t do crap.

Use this program and disable Windows Defender entirely.

Everything in Cubase works marvelously now, and projects take ALOT less time to load and close, compared to when I had Windows Defender enabled.

I can always enable it at a time when I need to, Defender Control works like that at the flip of a switch. Now everything seems perfect in Cubase.

1 Like

I used to have a of couple of batch files in my desktop. One to turn defender off and disconnect my wifi adaptor before I open a DAW. Then another batch file to to turn it back on defender and then the wifi adaptor again when I am finished.

The commands are on the web and itā€™s easy to make a batch file. the just double click the on you want.

1 Like

Itā€™s still a core Cubase issue, one shouldnā€™t have to do that.

1 Like

Hi,

i just did the Update from 12.0.0 to 12.0.10
Cubase 12.0.0 did work fine and stable since i have installed it, altough i always got the ā€œcrash dialog boxā€ when started cubase which was anyoing but did not hold me back from work.

i have just installed 12.0.10 and Cubase became totally unusable now.
once the project is open and i hit play, it plays but as soon as i open any plugin, the whole cubase software freezes and not reacting anymore, the audio is still playing further until i force quit Cubase from Taskmanager, and then turn off my audiointerface and restart the computer.
i tried this a couple of times, with different projects, different plugins, everyst time the sameā€¦ sometimes its the first plugin i open, sometimes the 2nd, sometimes the 3rd plugin

the worst thing, i have deinstalled 12.0.10 and reinstalled 12.0.00 from the original installer, now this version doesnt not work either. .:frowning:

what else do i need to uninstall that Cubase 12.00 works fine like previously?

my system: Win 10,
Audiointerface: UA Apollo Silverface via Thunderbolt

here are the 4 freezedumps, 3 from cubase 12.0.1 and one from cubase 12.0.0 after the reinstall.

Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.4.14 22.36.49.635-freezedump.dmp (832.7 KB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.14 22.11.23.492-freezedump.dmp (871.3 KB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.14 22.17.25.240-freezedump.dmp (892.0 KB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.14 22.29.44.808-freezedump.dmp (1.5 MB)

hope you can help somehow to make my machine workable again

Update: seems like an issue with the Midi Remote Control Feature, as soon as i disconnect the device from my system and start Cubase, i get a stable performance again on 12.0.00 and 12.0.10, good at least iĀ“m workable again :slight_smile:

perhaps it would be good to remove the midi control remote related settings and resetup them again, what would be the best way to do it?

2 Likes

Go ahead and create a topic asking that question and tag it with midi-remote The right people will see it then

1 Like

After downloading update CB12 is more unstableā€¦flashesā€¦pulsesā€¦loss of transport controls

1 Like

While you are seeing whatā€™s happening on your system, those reading cannot. More details are needed. Thereā€™s no reason not to create a new topic, you will probably get help faster.

In my case I had some issues with Cubase 12 and now 12.0.10 itā€™s incredible stable and fast.
I can go easily to 64 buffer on basic projects (impossible before).
WIndows 11 RME AIO Pro.

2 Likes

First issue I noticed with my Cubase 12 Pro Trial > when changing the quality of the algorythm in SamplerTrack when in AudioWarp mode, the performace meter goes to 100% and the playback sounds like ā€œAphex Twinā€ :wink: I mean the playback is somehow destroyed. It recovered but if you playback on high volume it may harm your ears or even speakers! Better not to change anything during playback in that area of SamplerTrack

Hey! After updating to 12.0.10 there was a graphical problem. Most plugins are displayed with large gray borders on the sides, sometimes they can take up half the screen! And as far as I managed to find out on other forums, other people also have this problem. My config: Windows 10 21H1, intel xeon E3-1230v2, asus p8h67 lx 16gb ram, amd radeon hd 6570, ssd

I recently got my C12 performance issue solved. As recently I found that even if no Cubase running or running C11 also have big performance issue. I found out it is my macbookā€™s cooling system issue made the kernel_task come out whenever CPU is getting too hot. It become very obvious as the weather is getting hot these days. I think it was also this issue leading to performance problem but did not know why C12 made the issue much more obvious.

For macbook user, if you found the kernel_task come up and eating alot of CPU (ranging from 100% - 500% for i7 quad core). Check your fan speed with a fan meter app. If it easily reach max RPM, your cooling system probably has some issue.

After many days of fighting with C12 I finally came back to C11 which works perfectly on my hardware. In C11 I have no clipping, everything runs smoothly and fast. Since previous versions of Cubase, Iā€™ve always been used to adding MIDI tracks during project playback without any clipping or crackling, and this was the case in C9, 10 and 11. Maybe Iā€™m too sensitive, but it annoys me that this is not the case in C12. I donā€™t think there is anything wrong with my hardware since C11 works very well. I have no problems with audio interface, drivers, USB ports and all background applications in Windows 11 that could be disabled I have disabled. Apparently Cubase itself has changed, unfortunately for me for the worse. In my opinion, when using Cubase, you should not focus on what is happening to your computer while Cubase is running, because this is not the essence of the program. This is not a test programā€¦ Personally, when I use Cubase I think about creating music and musical ideas, not about how my computer behaves when Cubase is running. I donā€™t need to look at performance metrics when making music, because I donā€™t need that for my creative process. I just want the program to run smoothly so nothing stutters or crackles in the speakers. Iā€™m wondering if changes in C12 are needed by anyone ? Iā€™m not talking about additional features, plugins or effects because itā€™s always welcome and always works very well ā€¦ I mean the issue of the program itself. For me personally the first place is smooth operation and fluidity, which I have in C11. I regret a little that I rushed to buy C12 and I could buy for the same money for example TGuitarā€¦ I donā€™t know what will happen next and what will be the next C12 updates or new Cubase versions, we will seeā€¦ At the moment Iā€™m very happy with the C11 where I have installed all the VST plugins Iā€™ve collected over the years and the hardware and everything works as expectedā€¦ I just wanted to add that I tested C12 on another PC with Intel I5 9400F processor, ASUS Prime B360 Plus motherboard, Geforce GTX 1660 graphics card, 16 GB Ram and SSD and there was no difference compared to my PCā€¦

3 Likes

Installed v12.0.10 but still no luck and have a CPU load issue still here. When I select the track during play, always the CPU meter hits the maximum and red indicator. Also, sometimes crashing the program. Of course, I did delete the profile file, reinstall Cubase, OS reboot, reinstall and update the audio i/o driver, and so on as much as possible. (Decided on return to C11 at this time anywayā€¦)

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic:

I just updated to 12.0.10 from 12 yesterday. Today Iā€™ve experienced three crashes on the same project doing different things.

1. Random crash, I think I was poking at the track inspector
  2. Trying to add a new audio track
  3. Trying to render midi to audio

Iā€™ve submitted a report that included the first two crash reports. The third occurred immediately after the email report. Iā€™m running MacOS 12.3.1 under Rosetta. Itā€™s a pretty light project too, 5 tracks with events.

1 Like

The worst version. Many problems without any reason no 3rd party plugins
. I deleted it and downloaded version 12

Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.17 3.07.28.364.dmp (1.5 MB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.15 20.37.39.711.dmp (1.4 MB)

No way this is a full releaseā€¦barely an 11.5 with all the issues people are havingā€¦this is not good at allā€¦and the kicker, they made everyone wait to ā€œget it rightā€. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Excellent post. Please make these posts earlier! This calm and professional response would have been even more effective if delivered more promptly.

I disabled Control Rom on a project with spiking despite very few plugins. The spiking went. I canā€™t say that this is definitive proof, but will keep an eye (ear) out. Thanks markpullin for the idea.