Cubase 12.0.10 - performance issues

Which program are you using to view your crash logs?

Does anybody know how to go back from 12.0.10 to 12.0.0?
I did not have any issues until the last update to 12.0.10 :frowning:

I only see what cubase log shows me.

Sorry, which log?

This is what I get from the Mac log.
Translated Report.pdf (259.4 KB)

This is the cubase error file when starting

2 Likes

Okay, youā€™re on a Mac (Iā€™m using Windows).

Thanks for replyingā€¦

I have noticed a couple of weird things. I started Cubase 12.0.10 without my controllers and suddenly my cubase is working without the asioguard overflowing. I started my controller now and itā€™s not doing the overflow any more. Now Iā€™m going to start my novation 86 keyboard controller to see if it does the same again. maybe we have to reset our mackiecontroller?? or itā€™s not communicating correctly?

I have a feeling that only fixes a random issue on Windows systems. I had time to fire up Cubase before work this morning (Korg just updated their Collection to VST3 today) and my Audio Engine was switched over to 32-bit as well. Changing it to 64-bit did absolutely nothing and it just kept going as it usually does, no change in the CPU meter. Mineā€™s been working fine here since day 1 though.

Iā€™ve tried 2 projects and they both crashed within seconds, some lasted a few minutes in the first release. Sorry not very insightful, I have sent my crash reports.

I am also having major performance issues on MacOS Monterey (overload, dropouts) since the most recent update. Running a MacBook Pro 2019 with 32GB ram and 2TB SSD. Removed all VSTs and effects from all tracks to see if it would help (it didnā€™t). Tried deleting tracks to see if it would have any effect. Surprisingly it also did not help. Changing buffer size and adjusting asio guard has no effect. Switching from audio interface to internal audio also had no effect. Guess I will just have to wait for the next update to see if it improves. Been using Cubase since version 6 and this is the first time Iā€™ve ever had this kind of problem.

What happens if you delete your preferences? Be sure to temporarily rename previous versionsā€™ folders, since they can be migrated over.

There seems to be a conflict in version 12.0.10 with the MIDI controllers that interfere somehow with the performance of the audio engine. I have 3 controllers spread across my studio. All on Mackie mode and the moment I record something with a secondary controller, I get an ā€˜audio dropout detectedā€™ message. Something that didnā€™t happen with v12.0.0. Also, the controllers lag when using the jogwheel. I am using an XTouch (Behringer), a Mackie Controller (the original MCU) and a Nektar P6 Panorama keyboard.

Version 12.0.0 didnā€™t give me any issues, aside from the software bugs that were fixed in 12.0.10 but no audio issues whatsoever.

Needless to say, I reverted back to v12.0.0 by uninstalling v12.0.10 and installing v12.0.0. It is unfortunate that the minor updates canā€™t co-exist on one system.

Iā€™ve found if you run with the new MIDI Remote debug window open it can affect performance.

That wasnā€™t open at all. I havenā€™t even touched the MIDI remote functionality up to this moment.

Iā€™m having the same issues. Windows 10 pro 16 gig. Intel I5-4590 3.3GH. I didnā€™t have this issue before the .10 update. I donā€™t have any midi controllers currently connected.

I canā€™t run any of my projects now in Cubase 12. .0.10

Steinberg, you say you canā€™t reproduce the issue, then please remotely log onto one of our computers.

Hi guys,
since updating to cubase 12.0.10 it crashes before it even finishes loading
I get these 2 errors
Skin.srf is not a valid skin file for this application
Could not load GUI resources
cubase 12 error 2
cubase12 error

Windows 10 64bit
amd ryzen 7

Hi Michael and welcome!
There has been other reports of issues during start-up of Cubase. Have you checked any of the proposed solutions yet? (Such as starting in ā€œSafe modeā€ with preferences disabled.)
If youā€™re unable to find a solution in these forum threads, it might be of help if you could list your system specifics. (Such as computer hardware and OS version, etc.)
Thanks!

Thank you mlindeb,

I havenā€™t tried any of them yet but iā€™ll try testing them now
Thank you for your reply

Kind regards,
Michael

@Michael_Hall the skin.srf error refers to a file is that should be in the installation folder, so I would think a reinstall would fix it.

Maybe run the Installer with elevated permissions (aka as Admin).