Cubase 12.0.20 performance issues

12.0.2 definitely an improvement but still more issues , yes hopefully 0.3 will take of the rest, Waiting patiently
thanks Steinberg team.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Menus open slow in Cubase 12.0.20

@plcpaul1 Could you please provide some details what the issues are?

HI @IMAWriterRobJ, Could you please sent me the Crash Log?

Will do ASAP.

Robert Jason
Graduate Frost School of Music
University of Miami

1 Like

Cubase 12 runs stably on ASIO4All v2 drivers after the update… Peak remains fairly stable and does not jump. On Yamaha drivers, no change… Peak jumps like crazy… When loading an empty project with only one Spire plugin, Peak jumps red when selecting any preset…

I don’t have that issue with VEP, Windows 10 Cubase 12.0.20.

For me the 12.0.20 seems to have fixed all my issues I was having. My good old, way to old, Intel(R) Core™ i7-3930K manages to perform just like it barely did with Cubase 11 and that makes me a happy old fart.

3 Likes

Matthias,
well, this time, changing from 96 to 48 worked! I had screen shotted my entire session…instruments and plug ins for you to study. Hopefully, it will be stable. I’m working on the song at 48/64 bit as I type this. Hopefully, when I close the project, it will close peacefully.
I appreciate your help!

RJ

Robert Jason Productions (Click on it!!)
#1 Songs/Artist Production
BMI Million-Air Award x2
LUFS Mastering Engineer
University of Miami Frost School of Music
Artist/Educational considerations with Native Instruments SonarWorks FabFilter Townsend Labs Synchro Arts IK Multimedia Orange Tree Realitone

1 Like

As far i can tell after a quick test, the update seems to run very smooth on my MacBook M1 Pro. I actually had no (or only minor) issues with the last releases. Steinberg does a really good job.
:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Waves plugins no longer crash Cubase when inserting them, and they also load much faster.

However none of the bugs in this list have been fixed yet.

Please guys don’t rush it and keep concentrating on performance issues for now, you are on a good way !

2 Likes

Exactly same story here; after using pro10-11 for a long time without any issues, upgraded to 12 and started having crash issues since day 1 and .10 update came out to address the issue and seemed to be working fine for a short while, and started crashing same way.
Now .20 update out and it does not even start or close properly. I am going to try to uninstall 12 completely and reinstall to see it’ll help or not.
Possibly will go back to 11, such a waste of money.
Version 13 should be a free upgrade as we already paid for nothing.

2 Likes

Hey @kucok, could you send me the crash logs so we can have a look?

Hi Matthias, thank you for your help in advance.

I zipped all crash logs I have in here and size is 11MB that I am unable to send over (max allowance is 4MB) .
Instead, I zipped the most recent crashes since April 15 and attached in this mail.

Typically, at first start after a crash, application dialog suggests to send the logs to Steinberg and I did but I am not sure if you receive my details through those logs.

As a side note, I have been a huge fan of Cubase and heavily use it every day several hours and version 9/10/11 have been working like a charm in the past few years that v12 has been a very unpleasant experience so far.
I hope this would help you guys to sort things out. I upgraded to .20 build yesterday and since then it never started up properly. When I try to open any Cubase files, it starts initializing and disappears, probably crashing at the back ground.

Crash logs since April15.zip (3.2 MB)

1 Like

Love the new update. Thanks so much!
VEP seems to work great with large orchestral template. Control room works again with midi remote, awesome!
Activating/deactivating record enable while playing no longer leads to crackle, thanks so so much for fixing this.
Many improvements on midi remotes!

A couple things:

1. MacPro 2013, Monterey 12.3.1: performance got better, only start up is slower.
  2. Even on empty session, jumping from a cycle marker to another leads to very high performance spikes for a split second.
  3. Would be possibile to give user the possibility to rename on the midi remote the default page from “Default” to something else?
  4. Performance of VEP7 pro got better, at the moment the only issue I see is when you click on the “e” on the VSTi list (F11) system tend to freeze a bit and then it opens up the connection window.

Kudos to the team. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Hi kucok, I had a quick look into your crashdumps from C12.0.20. They are all in UVIWorkstationVSTx64.dll (integer division by zero). Could you try to start cubase without that plugin?

Will do. Just FYI that plugin is installed on my machine and I only tried it a few times recently but never actively used in any of my projects, not my favourite anyway.

In the mean time, I have used Pro11 for 4 hours this afternoon without any problems, not a single crash.

Just FYI, UVI Workstation had an update a couple of weeks ago that finally added VST 3 support, in case you can try.

Same overload problem with Superior drummer 3 when multi output and start to mix and add plugs. But I guess SD3 could be the problem too (vst2 and crappy built)

I decided to install C12 again and play around a bit with the latency settings on the Yamaha drivers… It turned out that on the standard settings and latency of 11 ms Peak indicator was jumping and was not good . I changed the settings to Low Latency 512 samples and it is now good … Latency at 12 and 15 ms. However, further when adding a MIDI track while playing a project, there is a short pause … Also, some plugins like Omnisphere sometimes open in an enlarged window…