Cubase 12.0.30 maintenance update available

Phewwwwww , that’s good to hear :joy:

1 Like

So far so good. Performance is improved on my system. (Less drop-outs)

Are there more details on the ‘stability issues with network drives’ that this update addresses?

I’ve been having enough random lockups with Cubase 12 that I’ve reverted to 11 for the time being, but it occurs to me that this might be the problem I’m having, as my local project files are mounted from a network server (and have been for many years without issues).

I have had just one issue since update----------

I have a 20 track song and i was moving from end of song back to beginning and after pressing the double back arrow nothing happened, and things froze as i could not close program.
I could though move back to the start using my Steinberg CC 121 controller and still play song.
I closed program using Task manager and restarted, but since then all ok for the time being.

Ask him for me .“Is there a New Yamaha Genos or is it the Korg”!!

According to the wiki page initiated by @Louis_R (excellent job btw!), a few of the issues that were collected by the forum members have been solved, but others haven’t.
If there are further issues that have been solved with 12.0.30, it would be great if people checked there and set the respective entries to solved.

Regarding the unsolved ones, it would be really nice to hear from Steinberg what they are going to do about them and if we can expect for them to be fixed with the next maintenance updates.

2 Likes

Good news for me - performance is better than Cubase 11. A project that was overloading in 11 runs smoothly in 12. Thanks for that Steinberg - for me, performance improvements are the most important changes.

4 Likes

We are seeing good performance, better than CB Pro 11 here as well. Both our studios have Intel based iMacs. Since most people do not post their hardware specs it’s hard to tell if the issues people are reporting are spread across all platforms (windows, Intel Mac, M1 Mac) or more one than the other. The version of the OS would be helpful also. All of our third-party plugins are also up-to-date.

It would be interesting to see what hardware/OS platforms people will issues are running, it might shed light on why the issues are being reported.

Here are our hardware specs:

Luna 1.2.8, Logic Pro 10.7.4, Cubase Pro 12.0.30, Studio One Pro 5.5.2, Pro Tools Studio 2022.5, UAD-2 software 10.1, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.4. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.4

1 Like

Big time!

Can post these things in the Preferences section accessed by clicking the avatar at top right, then clicking the person silhouette, then Preferences.

Yes, but those are a list of issues users have put on the forum. That doesn’t mean they will get fixed.

With the exception of C12 performance issues where the team asked issues to be posted to a specific thread.
The users have to create support tickets as well in My Steinberg. The forum helps them find a workaround or contract other users or mods who might know a solution but if it’s a technical issue, well a real support ticket is needed too.

So there is no guarantee those issues have support tickets. Without the support ticket they are relying on moderators and PMs to help out and create tickets on their behalf and that might not happen.

So their might be good reason why some issues on here do not get addressed, they are posted here for advice rather than with support as an issue to get fixed.

Forum != Fix

The last time I created a support ticked they refereed to this forum where people concluded that is does not work. So they wont fix it there either.

You are correct that issues should be reported to Support.

However, users do post here to determine if others are experiencing the same issues they are. Without knowing what hardware and OS that person is running it’s impossible to tell if they are experiencing a unique issue related to their unique set-up or if the issue they are experiencing is similar to an issue that others, with a similar set-up has. If people posted their hardware/OS versions then we may see a pattern. There are many issues that only some people experience and others do not. For instance, we see no performance issues here, and in-fact are seeing performance increases…but we are on Intel Macs while others may be on M1 Macs or Windows machines.

1 Like

How deep do you go though, is the problem.

In my experience of bug testing most problems will be caused by which drivers you’re running, which background tasks are running, which AV or Spyware you’re running, what your user permissions are, whether you have any kind of ‘clean-up’ tools on a schedule, BIOS adjustments, OS Security updates, and the competency of the user etc.

I put far more weight in those factors than I do with what size SSD or capacity RAM is installed. In fact.

When you read reports of people having CPU issues that are happily swapping drivers around, adjusting their BIOS etc. It does make you wonder what else they’ve fiddled with. And then on reverse of that, you get users who won’t just click ‘yes’ when they are offered an update, so end up with dependencies which are out of sync.

My battle scars are starting to show now! arrggh :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You both make very good points.

For me on an M1 Mac book Pro 12.0.30 working very well. I have a couple of test projects for latencies and overall work load and both run fine with it so far.

Will be using it more in the next few days for more detailed work.

You told on another topic that your typical workflow was :

• Creating Tracks,
  • Recording Audio,
  • Doing basic mixing stuff like gain and pan,
  • Inserting third-party plugins,
  • Rendering the Audio.

Of course the above is working very well for all of us too, the only thing is that this is only a few percent of what Cubase can do. And since you’re not using Cubase fully, you will probably never encounter any nasty bugs. Cubase is different because it is the only DAW to include all the necessary tools for a complete audio production, right out of the box. Some people buy Cubase for this exact reason, and they aren’t planing to buy any third-party plugins anytime soon, probably because some of them who are new to music production don’t even know about third-party plugins !
They just buy Cubase because it is the most complete DAW.
I think you are so much used to that basic and “external” workflow that you simply cannot understand how troublesome those issues can be for some people.

2 Likes

There is also a fair chance that people report wrong information and that can be very confusing for developer doing the analyse.

Perhaps the first step is to list only platform (Windows or Mac M1 or Mac Intel) and the OS version. With just this info alone we could learn if there is more of a problem for Windows users, Mac M1 users or Mac Intel users. On the Windows side there are numerous variables that could involved in a user’s issue, on the Mac the numbers of variables are greatly reduced. This info alone might point to where issues are more prevalent.

@Louis_R you cannot be referring to me are you ?

I have never listed out what I do use but here goes:

I record instruments, I time stretch audio, I free warp. I group tracks and apply plugins and create sends and side chains. I use automation. I have the CC121 controller which I created my own remote mapping for, I posted on this forum.

I use the sampler track, I use chord tracks, I use virtual instruments, i use midi tracks, I use external effects and samplers too. I use a tape machine sometimes too. I have a track archives I import from and I backup and export too.

I have 5 different interfaces and a mixing desk, I use the control room and complex routing at times. I also use UAD console or my Soundgrid server with it.

I make mostly electronic dance music which ends up somewhere in the region of 100 tracks but I also mix tracks for other ppl.

I record and make acoustic music and do some songwriting using Cubase too.

What I do not use is all the Cubase plugins but I do use a few like auto pan. I do not use the tuning because I have Melodyne so why would I ? If you think I’m alone in not using many of the Cubase plugins then your wrong. I do use the channel eq at times but mostly I reach for Fabs Pro-Q to do my heavy lifting for me. I do have Empirical Labs BIG FrEQ but it’s not M1 so I’m without it for now. Then I have a bunch of EQs for flavour.

And I have been using Cubase for about 32 years now. Sorry if that was before you were born.

There are no users that use all the functions BUT to say I cannot give an opinion on Cubase because I don’t use the stock EQ is neither wise or fair.

No one uses all the functions, I fail to see how I can make projects with 100 tracks and be told I do not really use Cubase lol.

There are lots of ppl in here saying it’s working fine for them, please read up this list.

You’ll be surprised the forum is not all about doom and gloom sometimes.

For me, 12.0.30, it is working very well. I am not saying, and never have said, it’s not working for other. I’m saying it has not broken anything for me so far either. It is does I shall create a support ticket or come here for a workaround.

Are you upset because I suggested you might want to add a Support Ticket field to your collected list of bugs. It was only a suggestion. It’s just not a good idea to track items support might not even be aware of. It will lead to disappointment. You doing a good job with the list and you try to recreate the issues before logging them which is great.

I’m not trying to knock what you do, it was just an idea.

Sounds interesting, how do we listen?

2 Likes