Cubase 12.0.40 maintenance update available

Okedoke, but can you please explain how you downgrade back to .30?

You can find the installers of previous releases at the bottom of this page: Cubase Pro 12 Downloads | Steinberg

Hello, my friend. In my case (win 11 and NVidia 3070) the update to Nuendo 12 was terrible. Drivers and windows 11 optimization is really bad, i had clicks, high latency and high peak spikes. I Tried all ways to fix it but nothingā€¦ My best solution was install win 10 again and now my system performance is Perfect, Win 10 works like a dream. Please uninstall win 11ā€¦ Lol

1 Like

No issues on Windows 11 here. It might be helpful to open Windows Security and disable Core Isolation/Memory Integrity. You should also make sure to update your Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

Matt,
when can we expect the new fixed version of cubase 12.0.40? aka 12.0.50 or 60 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Based on previous release timelines, we theoretically should be getting it pretty soon. I would guess within the next couple weeks.

Cubase 11 stopped at 11.0.41ā€¦ just saying :wink:

Cubase 12.0.50 is already in the beta test. Unfortunately we canā€™t announce a release date yet.

13 Likes

I have just updated to Cubase 12.0.40 from the previous version and now I canā€™t use Shift+Alt+mouse click in the arrange window to move the cursor. I know I can use the ā€œLocate when clicked in empty spaceā€ preference but i donā€™t like it. I do that (clicking in empty spaces) for a quick way to deselect all the events. Did I miss a preference setting or something like that?

Make sure that this is set:

4 Likes

awesome, I missed that - thank you so much!

I hope a ā€œshow automation lane for last touched parameterā€ key command is in this!

1 Like

That would be a very handy feature!

Can I ask if W11 22H2 support is also included in 12.0.50 because
I heard 12.0.40 is very unstable with 22H2.

Iā€™ve been using the Win11 22H2 beta for months without major issues. Your mileage may vary.

Iā€™m not aware of any 22H2-specific Cubase issues.

The question is if 22H2 is stable enough. I removed it due to massive performance problems and broken start menu and other defects. All of this without even launching any Steinberg software.
So first make sure 22H2 is stable, then you can look further.

Where did you hear that? Most of the people who tried 22H2 did not have any issues at all with Cubase in particular, some even say, it works better. Tbh I see no real difference in performance.

22H2 - build 22621.608 no issues with 12.0.30, ā€¦40 has track GUI alignment issues so had to downgrade. but .30 is stable for me.

This is very good news
Thank you
I would hope contain also a script for Novation 61SL MK3

I really cannot believe they released 12.0.40 with this GUI alignment bug. Totally unacceptable. I couldnā€™t work for 5 minutes with this. How in the everloving @#$% did this ever make it out of beta?

I mean, really, what is going on here? Utterly baffling.

And MIDI remote broke my Montageā€™s sysex echoing, so I canā€™t use it with local off unless I disable MIDI remote. Given Yamaha owns Steinberg, how has this persisted as a known issue for so long and no mention of a fix in 12.0.40?

I am more than a little angry at Steinberg and their poor quality control right now. They do not squash existing bugs in a timely manner and keep introducing new ones constantly, so we will never, ever have a non-irritating version of Cubase. Itā€™s always some new mix of bugs, some of them potential showstoppers.

The GUI alignment bug is a total showstopper for me. I cannot work this way.

Get it together, Steinberg. For real. Enough is enough.

I am probably going to cross-grade to Bitwig anyway and abandon my sunk cost into this company. The FX Modulator is a pathetic joke vs. Bitwigā€™s ā€œmodulate absolutely everything including third-party plugin parametersā€ system.

I know this is a rant, but I really have had enough of this. I just want to make music, and Steinberg makes it painful. Consistently.