Cubase 12.0.52 update the worst

Any one else experiencing lots of problems with the latest update.

ive never had so many crashes, freezes, dropouts , glitches…

worst for me since about cubase 5

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you mean 12.0.52?

Could you share the DMP files, please? When do the crashed happen?

Are your plug-ins up to date, please?

hi yes sorry 12.0.52

I put the yamaha usb driver by accident as i also updated that but that seems ok.

Plug ins as far as i know are up to date yes.

how do i get the dmp file?

crashes and freezes when it happens are as soon as i load cubase and a project file ive been working on. there was alot of processing being used. i finished it last night and there was no drop outs or anything going on so all was ok. Loaded it up today and instately got 2 freeze/crashes. Rebooted computer and it loaded , now its dropping out audio and glitching spuradically . Ive started bouncing channels to audio and freeing up cpu but so far ive done two channels which had vst and also quite a few plugs but this made no difference.

Hi,

I guess you are on Windows. The dmp files are available in Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dump Files/.

ok will have a look shortly…

another strange thing that was happening. My project was running stable while playing my track, as soon as i just selected a certain track/channel the cpu started spiking, then when i deselected that track cpu stabilized again…
will get the dmp file…

thanks for the replies

Yes, it freezes and crashes constantly on me as well. Thankfully I didn’t uninstall Cubase 10 when I upgraded to 12 so I’m just using that now.

Hi,

Share the DMP file(s), please.

Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 14.11.53.986-freezedump.dmp (1015.5 KB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 12.22.35.243-freezedump.dmp (1.0 MB)
Cubase 12.0.51.391 64bit 2023.1.2 11.49.43.650-freezedump.dmp (1018.3 KB)
Cubase 12.0.51.391 64bit 2023.1.2 11.32.22.677-freezedump.dmp (1.0 MB)

Hi,

Please, switch to the WinRT driver in the Studio Setup. 3 of the crashes are related to this.

The last crash is related to the USB ASIO driver. Please, make sure you have the latest ASIO driver installed. Try to install it as administrator, please.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Absolute 4 and Windows 7

so i deleted and bounced a few channels last night and the drop outs slowed down and were manageable . now i turn it on today and its dropping out like mad again…

things like this just stop any creative process .

so now no crashes to report , just general really crap ! ha

1 Like

Not sure if this will help or not. But also check your Windows Logs (under Windows > System log) for errors/warnings. There might be helpful clues in there.

Hi,

When you select any track, the Record becomes Enabled on the track. So the track turns to the real-time mode. No ASIO-Guard etc. The CPU has to process everything in the real time, therefore the CPU load increases.

Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 15.32.33.827-freezedump.dmp (2.0 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 15.37.01.350-freezedump.dmp (2.2 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 16.31.18.201-freezedump.dmp (1.8 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.2 17.03.50.722-freezedump.dmp (2.0 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.7 23.02.52.243-freezedump.dmp (2.0 MB)

more logs, more problems today, just will not open a project saved last night which was running fine. not had problems like this for many years… not the best… ableton incoming!!! for all my sins

Cubase12 64bit 2022.8.7 21.48.13.505.dmp (456.8 KB)

I’ve had a fair number of crashes, but most of them seem to be related to crappy 3rd party plugins. My complaint is that my midiremote scripts got deleted. If you didn’t have a backup that would be bad news.

Hi,

These 2 freezes are the same. The issue is on Windows side with the MIDI driver. Please switch to the WinRT MIDI driver type in Cubase > Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI Port Setup.

These 3 freezes are also the same. I’m afraid, you cannot fix these on your side. Reported to Steinberg. What you can try…
Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Could you try to backup and delete Cubase preferences folder? Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

What Audio Device do you use? Make sure the latest driver version has been installed. Try to install the driver as Administrator. Try to reinstall Cubase as Administrator, please.

This crash is related to the USB-eLicenser. Probably some communication issue.

thank you for this. i have a yamaha 01v96i so there should be no excuses with that steinberg.

i would revert back to older version of cubase but started a few projects on new update and cannot loose them.

do you think may be reverting back to old usb driver for soundcard may help ?

Hi,

I would rather stay with the latest driver update, but if you know the problem started after the driver update then this might solve the issue.

Same here. Been a Cubase user for more than 10 years and I have never had so much trouble. Freezes, Crashes, Dropouts, even after Freezing all VSTi’s. Recently been forced to start researching other DAWs. It’s simply not a pleasure any more. Kontakt is probably the worst. However, the same version opens with no problem in other DAWs; and loads quicker. Sometimes I have restarted CB three times before managing to start work. Not a good impression with customers looking over ones shoulder.
Crash dumps point to [0x0] ntdll!NtGetContextThread

1 Like