Cubase 12.0.52 update the worst

A crash dump contains more than this, can you please upload a complete file? May be there is some other info in iz

im seriously hoping there will be an update soon because the crashes are just too frequent… worst in history for me. Unworkable steinberg

1 Like

here are the ones ive had tonight. ive had about 30 crashes, mainly on start up. i load cubase and the first few times i loads my project, then just freezes.
i hired a unit from analogue access for two hours , paid £15 only for 40 mins of it to be crashes…
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.11 18.57.21.529-freezedump.dmp (3.7 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.11 19.04.32.381-freezedump.dmp (3.7 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.11 23.17.17.361-freezedump.dmp (3.6 MB)

Hey, should i raise a ticket with support or are the guys aware of the problems ?

its almost unworkable. i certainly cant have anyone in with me working as it crashes too many times.

also if ive done a few things on tracks in this bugged out version what will happen if i revert to previous version and open them? would i have no chance ?

Hi,

I entered all your DMP files to the Steinberg’s bug tracking system. So they are aware of the problem.

Hi,

All these 3 freezes are related to the MIDI Driver, I mentioned already:

Please, do so.

Yo… I went to my device manager in Windows 11 and disabled the “High Precision Event Timer” in the System Devices tab…
this truely seems to have fixed ALL of my studders/sample rate clicks/ and poop like that…
Man… I hope someone else tries this and is able to confirm this theory

Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.22 21.58.39.057-freezedump.dmp (2.3 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.22 22.08.44.066-freezedump.dmp (1.3 MB)
Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.22 22.10.20.019-freezedump.dmp (1.3 MB)

do you know what these are related to. Now i cannot open any cubase projects i have been working on, it just gets stuck on egg timer… cubase program loads up and then when i click to open a poject it just spins and spins and these are the dmp codes i get

Hi,

To me it looks like the known old MIDI driver issue on Windows.

Try to switch to the WinRT MIDI Driver in the Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI Ports Setup, please.

HI MARTIN,
That seems to be good , whats the difference with the all the ports,

i use midex for my outboard, will this still be ok by using winrt midi ?

I was just thinking the same myself, im having loads of issues, the main one being audio drop outs from plugins and the odd crash. Im on a new Mac Studio M1 Max running in Rosetta 2 mode. Hopefully Steinberg solve these issues asap with a decent update…

2 Likes

now when i get crashes i have to re boot the computer otherwise cubase will not find license for content … wtf is happening to this… i have had to cancel / postpone clients coming in because i cant run with a program like this with a client.
praying for an update soon

Did you try to kill the licensing engine, instead of constantly rebooting?

This process probably has survived the crash.

1 Like

Please steinberg for dear life

Hurry up and update the last dreadful update before i have to jump ship.

hoping its real soon!

1 Like

same, never come accross such a bad update ever. all your troubles are here too.
Every day im loosing a minimum of 30 mins - may be 90 mins dealing with issues from not recognising license to 3 creashes in a row. having to re boot. Then shis happens numerous times all day long. Ive paid for cubase all my life and paid for all updates. If this was a car it would have been taken back and replaced… so the issue is now depending on how long it takes to fix this would depend on if i stay with cubase as i dont have much more time to wait. my head cannot take it… Its just zapping any creative juice and replacing it with stress.

if anyone can tell me from steinberg how long we may be waiting for an update it would be a help

Here is the way back to your old car:

yeah thanks … im going to have to do this for my own sanity and my clients… started a few on the new version but will go backwards… thanks for that!!!

hi Martin, quick question about winrt driver for midi… although this makes the crashes less it will not let me play my pro 3 keyboard as midi keyboard. this is usb midi but worked before changing to winrt driver…
do you know anything that can solve this ?

Hi,

I would get in contact with the device manufacturer and ask, if the driver is WinRT compatible.