Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update now available

Thanks for the authority flex :grin: As a CS student, Iā€™m used to doing my housework :joy: I think Iā€™m hoping for a better resonance at Steinberg by not putting this too drastically, but I have to agree with your last sentence. Iā€™m a bit disappointed, however much I like Cubase.

I find software development so much easier these days, personally. The tools and frameworks are so advanced that itā€™s ridiculous really. Not to mention the available screenspace and sheer CPU overhead for compiling, live debugging & and autocomplete functions.

The issue I have is all the overheads of a company, constant meetings, new ideas for leaning out development, plans, HR, Quality, Staff turnover, paperwork etc.

Seems you blink nowadays and the day has gone. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s like that for SB developers, but itā€™s very frustrating when all you want to do is a full days coding.

Certainly the tools have improved beyond recognition. But occasionally that leaves you open to a bug in the tools. In assembler, any bug you wrote was almost certainly your own doing! :wink:

Good for you if no one reported a problem, which does not automatically imply there is no bug.

Of course.

But we are comparing with companies who knowingly have many demonstrated bugs, some quite serious, and do nothing about it across many releases, even though they are reported time and time again.

Their priorities are not the same as their customerā€™s priorities.

5 Likes

Yes, multiple times Iā€™m afraid. Also tried to download separate installer and not using download manager. No go.

Installed here without a hitch. Running smoothly.

2 Likes

Thanks!
For future updates it would be GREAT to be able to import M4A audio. I work with these almost daily and have to convert EVERY time before I can import. Also it would be great if when exporting audio the name of the current preset I have created would show after the first export instead of displaying ā€œno presetā€.
Being able to sort tracks would be nice either by name, midi Chanel, port or type.
Make the interpolate MUCH easier to use.
All these features were in Cakewalk software decades ago. The Cakewalk CAL program was VERY powerful and VERY easy to use as opposed to ease of use for interpolate. Or how about a real in-depth ā€œinterpolate for dummiesā€ training video.

As a VO actor and music producer I use Cubase Pro at least 6 days a week so these changes would save me lots of time.

Also since new templates are being created for remote controllers, how about a template for the CC 121. It still works but itā€™s so convenient itā€™d be great to keep using for another few years.

Just sayinā€™. . .
and wishinā€™ā€¦

3 Likes

After the update, I can no longer preview HALion VST sounds. Other plugins will preview fine such as Retrologue, but for some reason only HALion sounds wonā€™t load when I select them. Theyā€™ll work fine if I create a track, but wonā€™t preview.

Unfortunately I have had several serious crashes since installing the update.
Cubase Elements 12.0.60.453 64bit 2023.4.1 10.42.00.689.dmp (1014.7 KB)

How do I roll back to the previous version? Cubase was working fine before the update now I canā€™t work without issues.

Hi the updated Download Assistant doesnā€™t work on my Windows 10 PC, so I tried downloading it on my laptop, but I got an error message which said ā€¦Cubase 12.0.60- Application (required) Please try again later. ā€œ
?

Hey Matthias,
I have a suggestion to the developers at Steinberg and I think itĀ“s a good one, speaking from the heart of myriads of annoyed cubase users.
If youĀ“d like to learn something about remote controlling of a DAW, call the folks at Presonus and ask them, what they do, Ā“cause their ā€œsystemā€ is easy to set up and it works, e.g. a ProQ3 with 8 bands in a BCR2000 is set up in less than 10 min. and then you have it done, works in every project, on every track, in every slot ā€¦ thatĀ“s how it should be.
What Steinberg is presenting to his customers is totaly unreasonable and only awkward and embarrassing. Why are the programmers at Presonus able to fix it since years, and yours are not, I donĀ“t understand and surely will switch to Studio One, itĀ“s so much easier to mix a song in their DAW.

2 Likes

Smooth sailing so far on a Ventura Intel Mac hereā€¦ Seems Groove Agent SE no longer crashes when browsing presets, so no more show stoppers here at all.

1 Like

Hi Matthias,

I know It has nothing to do with the update but can you please consider finding a solution for the horizontal mouse scroll reverted issue on the Windows machines? Because, strangely, we need to use Cubase with the help of an Auxiliary software which is called X mouse. With the trackpad, everything works well but with the Shift+Mousewhell Up/Down on the mouse is reverted in the software.

Bests,

Bit of a weird update this one , no ones complaining about the update going wrong BUT no ones commenting on whether all the problems have been fixed that they did have out of the list thatā€™s supposed to been fixed .
They say no news is good news but when you have a broken MR ,which was the selling point of C12 BTW ,itā€™s strange

3 Likes

Dear Matthias ,
can you pls look after the SYSEXC. MSg , the DUmp is not working when u try to midi dump from hardware ,
before on cubase 10 , i had no problem at all , this is issue is coming 100% from cubase 12 ,
can you pls update us on it .
KInd regards ,
Cā€¦

No doubt software makers, like any other companies, are not exempt from questionable marketing strategies; and none of them, in my opinion, deserve to be fully condemned (or acquitted).

From a technical point of view, however, I think we should also observe that an ā€œoldā€ software product, which has existed for a long time, can be much more difficult to modify, under certain points of view (such as that of backwards compatibility), than a product that was designed and manufactured in more recent times.

When renovating a house, certain changes can be made easily, while others are virtually impossible to make without tearing down the house and building it all over again.

2 Likes

Strange times we live in, when i wonder should i install an update (which was supposed to fix something) so it doesnā€™t break something.

3 Likes

Well, to continue the comparison, Steinberg is a company specialized in renovating houses. With enough effort, they can surely fix the front door (no matter whether the frame or even the wall needs to be replaced) before extending the house by a conservatory, which makes the rest of the house even harder to renovate.

1 Like

I am still testing my 12.0.60 install, stability wise, it seems more stable for me on windows 11 pro latest version. Some old bugs, that I reported, are still there. but overall, this is a steadier release.

1 Like