Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update now available

The Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update is now available, and we are happy to improve Cubase in several important areas in both functionality and stability. We worked intensively with our partners to improve the performance with Audio Extensions and there are some significant improvements and fixes for MIDI Remote, audio export and MIDI recording.

Please find all details in the release notes.

The update is immediately available for download via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Please be aware that HALion Sonic 7.0.0 Instrument (recommended) is also available for download in the Cubase section of the download assistant. HALion Sonic 7 replaces the HALion Sonic SE 3 plug-in in Cubase and adds some new functionalities. This just includes the plug-in itself, but not the preset library.

29 Likes

Thanks for this!
I don’t see it in the notes, but is there ANY chance that the “Tempo Track Editor very slow if several tracks open in Score Editor” issue has been improved? This is the one issue preventing smooth workflow in C12 for me. I’m away at the moment so can’t test.
Here’s the relevant thread: Cubase 12 Tempo Track Editor- very slow if the score editor is open - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Thanks

What is the criteria by which you guys decide to include a MIDI Remote template?
Still defies belief that no Yamaha keyboard (Montage, MODX, MX, etc) is represented, but you somehow find the resources to develop a template for the most obscure MIDI controllers, used by basically nobody.

9 Likes

We didn’t develop the script. That is done by the manufactures. We are supporting several companies to develop scripts for their controllers at the moment though. If you want your controller to be supported, please get in contact with the manufacturer.

8 Likes

Unfortunately that issue is not included in this maintenance update.

Well thanks for confirming so quickly Matthias.
Any chance it might be addressed in a future update?

1 Like

I don’t understand this fix:

“The reference track is now visible in SynchroArts Revoice when used as an audio extension.”

I’m not sure what problem this is fixing. Assuming the reference track is the “dry” one we apply Revoice Pro changes to … was it “invisible” in some fashion to some users?

My problem with using ARA with Revoice Pro was finding that all my changes had disappeared. Is that related at all to this fix?

Thanks -

Does this mean endless encoders now work with the Midi remote and will map correctly with the Vsti parameters ?

So far so smooth with V12.0.60! but still except for these two GUI issues on the MixConsole though… (Win 10, Radeon RX6600XT, i7-13700KF)

4 Likes

How was this not a priority:

(Render in Place incorrectly renders channel pan settings into audio after the first event when rendering multiple MIDI parts and “Dry” Processing.)
I mean, that is audio getting rendered incorrectly. After crashes, that should be really high on the priority list imho…

And my second most hated bug in C12 (which is a regression from C11), still not fixed. >:-(

I really hope there will be another maintenance release…

5 Likes

You are not in contact with Yamaha, then?

12 Likes

Any chance that wdmaud.drv freeze is addressed?

According to your support team, this is a known issue under active development for a fix, so I’m hoping the fix made it into this release!

Getting error on update. This software is not only broken when trying to use it, now also setup is failing. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Can’t wait to check out the improvements with the extensions (melodyne and syncroarts).

Thanks a lot for “ Focus Quick Controls now continue to work for plug-ins which have been moved to another channel.”
That I’m using it constantly. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

in audio connection sends and mixer sends are named corerctly. but in project view they are messed up something similar to this … >Op# >…also 1 track in mixer view named Bass St is messed up say’s 100op click to right on it say’s drag to copy… just click and name shows correct… click off of it goes back to 100 op. if i use all capital letters in name it shows correct and stays but cap’s is not what i want…by the way i have Nuendo 12.0.60 and It doesn’t have any of these problems

ideally keep it to the same thread ?
(although to be fair I notice this was merged from yet another thread)

That is a Windows Installer Error, caused by problems on your machine.

MSI installation error 1603 - Windows Server | Microsoft Learn

Once again I’m surprised at what was fixed. I wasn’t even aware that most of the items were problems. And this makes me wonder how SB chooses what to fix next? Is it the lowest hanging fruit? Or maybe issues that affect VIP users?

It seems most of what gets fixed are relatively arcane issues that affect few users. A better strategy would be to do what utility companies do after a big storm: repair the downed lines that will restore power for the most users first and then work your way down the grid to those in the most remote regions.

SB appears to do the exact opposite! Large, long-standing issues that affect many users are seldom addressed. Very strange…

13 Likes

What about freezing, staying in task manager? I hope there has been a change here as well.