Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update now available

It seems there was the introduction of a little bug with 12.0.60: when I hit “CMD + Q” to shut down Cubase, I’m always asked if I want to save or not, even if I just saved a second earlier and there are not further tweaks.
I usually saved manually (I don’t have auto save on) and then quit Cubase with the shortcut, and Cubase would immediately close.

I’m on Monterey 12.6.5, mac intel. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, but… not always. I think it depends on some particular plugin in the project. I’m too lazy to find out the culprit.
Anyway it happens very often also here on Win 11.

1 Like

Hi lordadb!
Great to read you here! Thanks for the feedback and the hint. Plugins might be to ones to blame, now that you mentioned it — on a just saved empty session I don’t get this issue.

1 Like

If you find the plugin that causes this behaviour, let me know!

EDIT:

@dream: got it! if you have Halion Sonic loaded in your project, Cubase asks to save again if you press CTRL+Q (CMD+Q on Mac). I think that could be other instruments, as well.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @lordadb !
The session where I’ve noticed this behavior was without Halion, and the fact you mentioned instruments has sparked something in me. :joy:
I’ll try to narrow it down.

May be in mac os it helps but for win os its still dont work, when u close the window always reset

same here with 13700k and DDR5 5600 ram

on pc the choice of output channels and sound card are still not set. the monitoring does not keep the last setting made

Try to disable Windows Core Parking. See if it help you. I have 12700K and I had same issues with CB12 and insane DPC latencies in LatencyMon, but turning off core parking completely resolved my issue and all works perfectly now.

1 Like

Disabling core parking, caused higher CPU temperatures and didn’t make any difference to the constantly peaking ASIO GUARD… So I enabled it again. Disabling Hyper Threating really made a difference but lost 8 threads of 13700k. I work with 8P and 8E cores, not with 24 threads and it s frustraiting…

I did not noticed any temperature changes at all for myself. I use Noctua NH-D15, its a good air cooler.

Did you tried run LatencyMon for at least 10 min and check results?

Just did!!! My system appears to be having trouble bla bla bla. wdf01000.sys kernel mode driver bla bla bla and tcpip.sys causing trouble…

Cubase 12.0.60 is out since 40 days now and caused several problems (regarding midi remote for example).
I had to rollback to 12.0.52 version and now I’m waiting for a 100% working update.

Steinberg please
release it !

Well, seems those drivers causing your issues, at least some part of it. Try to dig and search how to improve your situation ragarding those DPC issues. Cubase itself just reflects your PC issues, but seems they are mostly on your Windows/drivers/setup side not Cubase. As if you have any DPC issues in LatencyMon - your system is not optimized for audio production unfortunately. I have huge DPC spikes in LatencyMon previously - over 10000us! But after switching to Windows Performance PowerPlan, some BIOS tweaking (turning off C states, turning off all unnecessary things), turning off Windows Core Parking, and adding Cubase to Nvidia Maximum Performance setting in Nvidia Control Panel - I got perfectly working Windows 11 Pro with Cubase 12 and 12700K.
Also there is a known issue with Cubase STEREO OUT bus which is not being processed via ASIO Guard - you need to remove this bus and recreate a new one, then save your project. If you use Control Room then this bug seems not appearing so often. I think more information regarding this knows user @Louis_R
I am not saying that Cubase 12 performance is ideal - of course its not, but a lot of issues comes on unoptimized PC/system itself not just Cubase.

This is a driver package , if you look in the processes running in the Latency mon it may point you to the driver causing the issue , normally it’s graphics or network , also you could try this to see if anything has become corrupt with your install .
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Oh the joys of optimising a windows machine. :slight_smile:

Oh yes but once you know whats got to be done it’s not that bad

@Matthias_Quellmann after all these years why compound measures are still treated as simple ones in Cubase ?
For example a 6/8 measure is supposed to be divided in 2 doted quarter notes with the middle of the measure on the second note, and not 3 quartet notes as it is in Cubase. It’s like if 6/8 where 3/4, while it’s not the same.
Could you transfer this demand please ? It’s currently really annoying for a musician to deal with compound measures in Cubase.

Have you checked out the Metronome Setup/, and activating Use Metronome Click… Grid Line… ?

2 Likes